redbirds_imp
Road warrior
Where in the UK is that JustCruising, lovely place.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Not quite right - actually, they do use the metric system, except, most notably, for the measurement of beer, cider, and milk (pints and quarts, instead of liters, etc.) and the measurement of distance (at least that pertaining to vehicles), i.e. miles vs. kilometers. There are several other odd items pertaining to industry, energy, etc., that have abstained as well. Sounds confusing as all get-out. :huh:Riko_imp said:in the UK they also do not use the metric system
they are the inventors of the imperial system I think even
It's much as has been said above, we are subject to a sometimes confusing mix of metric and imperial weights and measures. But yes its miles not kilometres for our road use.The ferret_imp said:Conrats. Nice pics. Why is yours in miles and mph aren't you in the UK?
) using metric units, but many still use imperial as the system they know, love and understand. We buy petrol by the litre, but measure a car or bikes fuel consumption in miles/gallon !!

It's Cheddar Gorge in Somerset, south west England. It is a small but pretty gorge that attracts the crowds and rock climbers. Plenty of caves for the potholers also. I just like to enjoy the winding roads and the tea and coffee barsredbirds_imp said:Where in the UK is that JustCruising, lovely place.
It's a little over an hour for me to get there 

The tires were just barely getting scrubbed in when that pic was taken. Funny thing is, the right turn coming off of the highway just before I park is where I scrap the pegs most often.Lord Popgun_imp said:Kenny, is it just me or do you need to make some more right turns?![]()
the Grapperia Nardini is in Bassano del Grappa, near Cima Grappa.Django_imp said:Thanks Grinton. That made me, to fetch a grappa (Nardini) out of my shelf. :beerchug:
Very nice. How do you like the header wrap on the Yoshi full system? I have the Ryujin ceramic coated exhaust and I'm torn between this and re-coating when it starts to wear out.jsinher3_imp said:sitting, waiting for me to get out of work or go to lunch.
![]()
Very nice. How do you like the header wrap on the Yoshi full system? I have the Ryujin ceramic coated exhaust and I'm torn between this and re-coating when it starts to wear out.kmoney_imp said:Very nice. How do you like the header wrap on the Yoshi full system? I have the Ryujin ceramic coated exhaust and I'm torn between this and re-coating when it starts to wear out.jsinher3_imp said:sitting, waiting for me to get out of work or go to lunch.
![]()