Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Just love those photos from Riko, 'Birds, Just Criusing and many others. It is a bit wet and miserable here today but as soon as that ol' sun puts in an appearance I'm packing a picnic lunch and getting on the road.

Thanks all.
 
Frigid 40 degree ride to work today, but at least I had company. A Triumph T120 was snuggled up to my CB for warmth. Nice to have friends to gather together for company.
 
Beautiful day yesterday (53 F for a high and clear skies) so went out for a ride. I'm starting to see a bit more green so spring is coming. :)

 
From today's ride. Bet this farm was magnificent in it's prime

 
The ferret' pid='131702' dateline='1461013455 said:
From today's ride. Bet this farm was magnificent in it's prime



Cool barn ferret. I hear some of those old barns were built of chestnut lumber. Might be a king's treasure in valuable wood lying about. A nice pastoral scene.
 
Still waiting on Arrow headers to be shipped from Italy, and just ordered the Japanese seat and Type 2 bars.
Also added the superbrace to the fork, since the fairing puts more strain on the fork, and it was noticeably wobblier than before. Brace seems to have taken care of it.
00eaf73519b5b33a7c591092d2a9be07.jpg

4a42f0fd8e8d4d4ab427ca4a4a4b401c.jpg

1c98278fa7bf349a8ed351e94087fb52.jpg

9506e582f688b88902243851602a3936.jpg

65500bb45a4040b1c163b611fde4dfa8.jpg
 
@ferret Nice farm scene pic! Looks like all the buildings have been equally neglected.

@fazer Pics #1 (under no parking sign, lol) and #4 are my favorites. Thanks for sharing!
 
Nice pic runjoh! I just googled Bergen, Norway. What a beautiful city! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some ride reports in the future. :)
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Rode to Santiago Canyon again - here's a shot on Portola:
3a623402801136c554ff028ac472c13e.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW! Santiago Canyon. Our old motorcycle stomping grounds.
Back in the late '70s and early '80s, that was a fantastic, tight, windy little two-lane country road that we used to go bombing through on weekend mornings almost every single week. We'd blast out the 22 from Huntington Beach to Chapman Ave., cut across Orange Hills to the beginning of Santiago Cyn. Rd., and down to El Toro and back. Just a few country homes, the road canopied in trees, with light dappling through them through much of it. I knew every curve of that road, where the potholes and crappy repairs were, where little trickles of water would sometimes run off a hillside and across the road...
I remember being blown away when they opened up a stretch to four lanes. It looked like a piece of freeway at the time. The nice thing was, it made it WAY safer to pass slower traffic than what we usually did before. But little did we know that meant that they were preparing for several thousand houses about to be built there, and our incredible country road was about to become a major, overcrowded thoroughfare.
The times I remember best are '84-ish. I had a Yamaha Seca Turbo, and my buddy had a new Kawasaki Ninja (the very first one), and two of his friends both had Kawi GPZ550s. We saw (an indicated) 130-140mph many, many times on that road. Can you imagine that now? LOL
Wow. Thanks for the great memory flash!
 
Yesterday I made a quick trip up through the Kinglake hills (~ 600m elevation), down to Healesville, across to Yarra Glen, up to Sugarloaf Dam, and pulled up the Saint Andrews pub ~ 150Km round trip.

We've had a dry summer so the water levels at Sugarloaf are only at 60% of its 96,000 megalitre capacity.

The pub at St Andrews is a favourite for many motorcyclists and hotrod / classic car enthusiasts. A blues band plays most Sunday afternoons and the beer is always cold.



[url=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/aussieflyer1100/media/Motorcycles/Trips/Out%20and%20about/st%20andrews_zpso8jyyx7p.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top