Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Damfino_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Well, not my idea (I'm borrowing it from my other forum) but why not post up pics of your rides while out on the road and have one place to put them. Common sense rules, no driveway pics, no friends driveway, no gas station or other commercial lots. Let's reach for the scenic view whether it be mountains, rivers, valleys, or that early morning landfill shot with the steam rising off the pile of garbage. Just be out on the road and pulled over somewhere safe when getting that artistic shot!  :thumbsup:
 
This was from the very first ride on my new CB( not including home from dealer)
91f00e9b3d1dc5f33f67c5e1087c4bc9.JPG
 
I'm in ..my 2013 on the BRP

 
Here's mine after a delightful ride along the Jersey Shore. First weekend I owned the CB. Perched at my customary photo stop at Sea Girt beach. Come on, Summertime.
96da6d9debb84c6949a7a977e0b08e9d.jpg
 
Snapped this one last week on a mountain ride to Salt River Canyon, about 125 mi. east of Phoenix.

485819b78a8defd7716d28bfd074cc97.jpg
 
Well, I tested out my new camera today, good timing, right? Went out for a nice 136 mile ride today. I took a few pictures, 73 to be exact.

Relax! I'm only going to post a few. :D

We'll start out with a "Ferret-style" self portrait. I don't have the courage to do this like Ferret, though, on the move...



I went to Cedar Hill State Park, it's a really pretty park on the eastern side of Joe Pool Lake, and a very popular place for Campers/RVs/Boaters/Fishing, and Old Fart Motorcyclists. Heres my CB1100 in the parking lot.

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Bike1_zpsb22baef2.jpg.html]

The Marina

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Marina1_zpsff3e866d.jpg.html]


Boaters

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Boats_zps88665175.jpg.html]

On the way back, I passed by DFW National Cemetery, our version of Arlington National Cemetery. This was my first attempt at what I call, "Ferret-style mobile photography". This is authentic "Seat time" reporting. I was in the drive up to the Cemetery, not on the road, and there was no traffic. I'm not as skilled at this as Ferret. :D


Shot 1

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery2_zpsc573e29d.jpg.html]

Shot 2

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery1_zpsa89d9b86.jpg.html]

Shot 3

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery3_zps3517eaac.jpg.html]

I'll close with one more of the bike

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Bike5_zpsf081afa2.jpg.html]

Cheers!
 
davidsargee_imp said:
Well, I tested out my new camera today, good timing, right? Went out for a nice 136 mile ride today. I took a few pictures, 73 to be exact.

Relax! I'm only going to post a few. :D

We'll start out with a "Ferret-style" self portrait. I don't have the courage to do this like Ferret, though, on the move...



I went to Cedar Hill State Park, it's a really pretty park on the eastern side of Joe Pool Lake, and a very popular place for Campers/RVs/Boaters/Fishing, and Old Fart Motorcyclists. Heres my CB1100 in the parking lot.

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Bike1_zpsb22baef2.jpg.html]

The Marina

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Marina1_zpsff3e866d.jpg.html]


Boaters

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Boats_zps88665175.jpg.html]

On the way back, I passed by DFW National Cemetery, our version of Arlington National Cemetery. This was my first attempt at what I call, "Ferret-style mobile photography". This is authentic "Seat time" reporting. I was in the drive up to the Cemetery, not on the road, and there was no traffic. I'm not as skilled at this as Ferret. :D


Shot 1

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery2_zpsc573e29d.jpg.html]

Shot 2

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery1_zpsa89d9b86.jpg.html]

Shot 3

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery3_zps3517eaac.jpg.html]

I'll close with one more of the bike

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Bike5_zpsf081afa2.jpg.html]

Cheers!


Nice pics! what is the windscreen on your moto?
 
This the CB in a tiny North Fl town called Barberville. They have an annual Spring Festival in a park that is a recreation of a late 1800's town. They moved historic buildings from all around the area to this one location. There's a blacksmith, a wood shop, a carriage shop, weaving, etc. Pretty neat!

Also pretty neat: 528 miles on the CB yesterday between 7:00 am and 4:30 pm. The more highway miles I put on the bike, the more I like putting highway miles on it.
 
Thread starter
All excellent pic's guys. Makes me wish I had my own to post. Bikes not due till May :dodgy:, so sometime soon I hope!
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
Well, I tested out my new camera today, good timing, right? Went out for a nice 136 mile ride today. I took a few pictures, 73 to be exact.

Relax! I'm only going to post a few. :D

We'll start out with a "Ferret-style" self portrait. I don't have the courage to do this like Ferret, though, on the move...



I went to Cedar Hill State Park, it's a really pretty park on the eastern side of Joe Pool Lake, and a very popular place for Campers/RVs/Boaters/Fishing, and Old Fart Motorcyclists. Heres my CB1100 in the parking lot.

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Bike1_zpsb22baef2.jpg.html]

The Marina

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Marina1_zpsff3e866d.jpg.html]


Boaters

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Boats_zps88665175.jpg.html]

On the way back, I passed by DFW National Cemetery, our version of Arlington National Cemetery. This was my first attempt at what I call, "Ferret-style mobile photography". This is authentic "Seat time" reporting. I was in the drive up to the Cemetery, not on the road, and there was no traffic. I'm not as skilled at this as Ferret. :D


Shot 1

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery2_zpsc573e29d.jpg.html]

Shot 2

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery1_zpsa89d9b86.jpg.html]

Shot 3

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/DFWCemetery3_zps3517eaac.jpg.html]

I'll close with one more of the bike

[url=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/dsargee/media/Bike5_zpsf081afa2.jpg.html]

Cheers!


Nice pics! what is the windscreen on your moto?

It's a National Cycle Deflector. I don't really care to mess up the lines of the bike with a screen, so I got this one, it's detachable, I only use it if I plan on spending a lot of time on the freeway. Keeps your head in the wind, but you don't get the wind buffeting on your chest, it has enhanced Highway riding for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
This the CB in a tiny North Fl town called Barberville. They have an annual Spring Festival in a park that is a recreation of a late 1800's town. They moved historic buildings from all around the area to this one location. There's a blacksmith, a wood shop, a carriage shop, weaving, etc. Pretty neat!

Also pretty neat: 528 miles on the CB yesterday between 7:00 am and 4:30 pm. The more highway miles I put on the bike, the more I like putting highway miles on it.
Good ride Spaceman. I rode down the freeway again on Sunday evening, it was great once I got out of the rain! There's nothing at all wrong with the CB1100 as a freeway bike in my view,
The CB1100 with Queensland's Glasshouse Mountains in the background.

 
My CB on one of my first rides last summer... that's The Skyway Bridge in Tampa in the background.

39fc7c7f5c1c3bcdd6a1dfc12a764c53.jpg


About to take my first ride over the Skyway... look at the odometer... just getting started.

f966c65f08b1ee6995d151a5b06761fb.jpg


In front of a pretty famous statue in Sarasota, Fl.

a95b4f7b7145abd87183bc8fe66848fc.jpg


Lost... somewhere north of Tampa Bay....

a74b2aabcaf75a07f353a81b1fe1f3bc.jpg


A visit with fellow forumer Greg Davis... Another member Sanpete and I rode over
to the east coast of Fla for the visit. 4 CB's side by side was a record at the time.

cdf98143bd94fd345d4ebb58121f8a29.jpg


Clearwater beach a month or so ago....

4eb47fd930091b6b0c4e5507ece62383.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Neat pics Ptero. I have that same nut scrunching camp stool. lol.

Love the last pics..and the fog pic too.
 
More great pics from the land down under! Love those beach shots. Camping is fun too. I was looking at tents the other day, looks like a simple two person tent would easily strap on the top of my tank bag.

Thanks, Pterodactyl!
 
Back
Top