HikerToo_imp said:
Nice shots CB4ME, I noticed the black crash bars blend in quite well, how about in-person, do you like them..better than chrome too, ?
Also, with that header, what % louder would you say it is than stock with Staintune? Does it keep the O2 sensor?
I've thought about getting both above accessories...
Thanks
I think the black crash bars were meant for the Black engine, especially the SW Motechs that really do blend in. The chrome bars attracted too much attention and took something away from the bike's best asset, it's beautiful engine.
On the exhaust, if you already have a Staintune and stock headers, you'll notice a difference in sound, even at idle with the cat free Motogears headers. They are completely open tubes. All things considered, the Staintune does a remarkable job taming the sound.
In fact idle won't get you a second look in the parking lot. Gunning the engine will. But I avoid that.
Riding with the Motogear is a bit louder too. With the stock headers and Staintune combination, wind noise above 50-55 mph all but masks exhaust noise when cruising along in 5th. Not so with the Motogear headers.
At the same time, the noise is not overpowering. No endless droning, just very pleasant music. Nowhere near as annoying as 3/4ths of the HDs around here. But get the engine up beyond 5000-6000 rpms and you will definitely get people’s attention...and put a big smile on your face.
So I'd say it's the best of both worlds. A nice deep, serious idle. Remarkably quiet when you want it to be. Easy to live with on long rides, and a real screamer when you jump on it hard.
I would really love to compare my bike to Fishmitch’s. He has the full Motogear system. I believe it’s advertized at 92db. I honestly think the Staintune plus Motogear is closer to 93db.
Oops - forgot. The Motogear has an O2 Sensor port, but PCVs dont use the sensor. You can install the sensor back on the collector to fill the hole, but it will be unplugged if you have a PCV. And I recommend a PCV if you go with open headers (no cat).