LED turn signals

Gypped_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I am contemplating replacing the front and rear turn signals, and I'm leaning towards using LEDs. These are the ones I'm looking at: http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...-STALK-LED-TURN-SIGNAL-CHROME-AMBER-LENS.html

Besides using a controller or wiring in some resistors, what do I need to know about installing LEDs on the bike? I haven't done it before, so I have no idea what kind of common problems there are sure to be. My biggest question is whether the running lights will still work properly? Can I just buy 2 sets and use them in the front and rear?

If I decide to go with standard bulbs instead for the smaller bullet style, do I use the 3 wire up front, and the 2 wire in the rear? Or 2 wire for both?

Thanks for any help!
 
Gypped_imp said:
I am contemplating replacing the front and rear turn signals, and I'm leaning towards using LEDs. These are the ones I'm looking at: http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...-STALK-LED-TURN-SIGNAL-CHROME-AMBER-LENS.html

Besides using a controller or wiring in some resistors, what do I need to know about installing LEDs on the bike? I haven't done it before, so I have no idea what kind of common problems there are sure to be. My biggest question is whether the running lights will still work properly? Can I just buy 2 sets and use them in the front and rear?

If I decide to go with standard bulbs instead for the smaller bullet style, do I use the 3 wire up front, and the 2 wire in the rear? Or 2 wire for both?

Thanks for any help!
honda cb1100 electrics allows you to use two wire type single filament bulb signals front and rear. :)
 
I've got some old CB750K1 styled old school looking signals, stems and all, but I was hoping someone could give some good insight of how to remove the old ones? I don't want to dig into it, just to find out that my stuff won't work.

 
It honestly sounds like more of a pain than its worth. There's nothing wrong with the stocker Shadow looking ones, I just thought the old school ones would look good on the bike.
 
Back
Top