LED tail light connector

shahyaan_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hiya

I want to change up the rear of the bike and am looking at a new LED rail light. I however either need a bullet connector to OEM harness or the connector itself so that I can make the connection direct to the OEM harness. Any suggestions?

139db038b6e231e9088e4388e67e98c3.jpg


This is the connector in question


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That particular connector is hard to find, as it has 3 wires crimped to terminals in a very narrow connector. I have seen similar sized in some front turn signals of different brands, but you likely will have to cut the stock taillight wires.

At least you can buy the stock wire and bulb socket if needed.
 
I cut off the OEM connector from the tail light and then connected it to the LED taillight wires with bullet connectors.

Yes, I know I might want to use the OEM headlight at some point in future, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
That particular connector is hard to find, as it has 3 wires crimped to terminals in a very narrow connector. I have seen similar sized in some front turn signals of different brands, but you likely will have to cut the stock taillight wires.

At least you can buy the stock wire and bulb socket if needed.

I wanted to avoid cutting in case I want to revert back. Trying not to mod too much. Also it’s the LED unit on the RS unfortunately it’s the whole unit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tod.branko_imp said:
I cut off the OEM connector from the tail light and then connected it to the LED taillight wires with bullet connectors.

Yes, I know I might want to use the OEM headlight at some point in future, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

Just trying to avoid cutting. But I can’t see those connectors here in the UK. Cutting may have to be the way or will see if I can get a second had tail light.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
[/QUOTE]


Just trying to avoid cutting. But I can’t see those connectors here in the UK. Cutting may have to be the way or will see if I can get a second had tail light.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

If you bought the 2014 taillight socket and wire, you could cut it instead of your LED light.
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
This guy might be able to sort you out. He would be quite well referenced in the Africa Twin forums.

Automotive Connectors

I’ll check this out as well. I need to get to the connector to grab some measurements. The picture above was from online.

Do the connectors sit behind the side covers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
No. The are in a boot that is located in the battery compartment. Remove the tool box and look behind the battery on the left side. It hangs by the vertical frame rail. The red accessory connector is in there too. Kind of a pain to mess with.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
No. The are in a boot that is located in the battery compartment. Remove the tool box and look behind the battery on the left side. It hangs by the vertical frame rail. The red accessory connector is in there too. Kind of a pain to mess with.

Thanks for this. I had a feeling they might be there looking at the routing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top