LED Headlight?

2014ltdltz

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone found a good after,arket LED headlight upgrade for the 2013-2014 CB1100s? ideally, something which does not require removal/replacement of the entire headlight assembly. Hoping to avoid the questionable Chinese import ones which can overheat/melt plastic/burst into flames.
 
There was a recent thread about someone getting a LED bulb from Amazon they were extremely impressed with.

I added it to my wishlist lemme go find it, standby.

It was these.



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
33563c25269680d91632e424074840cc.jpg
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
There was a recent thread about someone getting a LED bulb from Amazon they were extremely impressed with.

I added it to my wishlist lemme go find it, standby.

It was these.



2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
33563c25269680d91632e424074840cc.jpg


Were they happy with the $65 one or the $19 one?
 
They got the 2 pack if I remember correctly, I asked the company and there was really no difference so I'd go with the 1 pack.

If you use the search tab for something like "headlight upgrade" you should get a bunch of hits.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
I got the Auxito....easy to install, and works fine.
mvk24_imp said:
They got the 2 pack if I remember correctly, I asked the company and there was really no difference so I'd go with the 1 pack.

If you use the search tab for something like "headlight upgrade" you should get a bunch of hits.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Wagonpeddler_imp said:
I got the Auxito....easy to install, and works fine.
mvk24_imp said:
They got the 2 pack if I remember correctly, I asked the company and there was really no difference so I'd go with the 1 pack.

If you use the search tab for something like "headlight upgrade" you should get a bunch of hits.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Thanks peddler I knew someone posted about it a few months ago and couldn't remember who.

Its on my list to do

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
I am a bit of a lighting nerd. It’s kind of an obsession really. From everyday carry high intensity flash lights to working with a lighting consultant back in 2012 to replace the wiring harness on my Wrangler in order to run European e-code Cibie housings (Europe is so far ahead of the US in lighting requirements and regulations it’s silly) and higher wattage bulbs.

These guys (no affiliation) test a lot of LED bulbs and have a bunch of great videos on vehicle lighting that are worth watching before you plunk down money on a substandard LED bulb. There really is a huge difference from one bulb to the next. Before I sold my 2014, I bought a set of GTR 1157’s for the tail/brake light in order to get some serious punch using a ViziTec Supabrake 2. It was incredibly bright even in direct sunlight and in my opinion a huge safety upgrade since being hit from the rear was something I was always paranoid about.

Headlight Revolution | Guaranteed LED Headlight Fitment and Performance on LED Bulbs, Tail Lights, and Off-Road

Specifically, see this video on LED headlight bulbs.

Here is what they carry for the 2014 Honda CB1100 headlight.
https://www.headlightrevolution.com/buyer-guide-by-vehicle/2014+Honda+CB1100
 
Reviews say if you contact them they will sell you 1 headlight for a motorcycle instead of selling you the pairs since most of these bulbs look like they have lifetime warranty
 
m in sc_imp said:
id put my auxito ones up against the 150-200 dollar ones any day of the week. they probably come from the same factory private labeled. had one in mine for years, and a few other bikes and ride at night a LOT (spend all last week in the NC mts) zero visibility issues above the speed limits even at 11pm.. i know the bugs loved them. my .02
Haha yea I dont have 150 to spend on a bulb either but im sure someone around here does


The Auxito is still on my list also but at least the 150$ bulbs are a pair so I'd assume it would be 75$ after you contact them to buy a single bulb for a motorcycle instead of a pair for a car. That's more realistic.

The lifetime warranty is great but it wouldn't help me on the side of the road if 1 bulb goes out. At least I can keep a second auxito or the OEM under the seat for that scenario.

I also added driving lights to each side of my bike on the engine crash bars so that should help also.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Can't remember where I bought mine, since it was a few years ago. But, the closest model I found on Amazon is this one. Same distinctive shape, and all of the hot parts are on the bulb side, not the light bucket side. Have 'em on the CB and the Bonneville, and couldn't be happier with them.

Amazon.com
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Can't remember where I bought mine, since it was a few years ago. But, the closest model I found on Amazon is this one. Same distinctive shape, and all of the hot parts are on the bulb side, not the light bucket side. Have 'em on the CB and the Bonneville, and couldn't be happier with them.

Amazon.com
I actually have auxbeams for my fog bulbs in my subaru and love them too.

I emailed that HR website and said we were discussing them on the forum and wanted to find out if ordering 1 bulb out of the pair would also mean 50% of the cost of the pair price.

I still have that spare headlight and bucket I never got to send to daylighter that I may offer to HR to test bulbs specifically for our use.

Life has been crazy for me the past 3 years and after following up a second time I forget yet again to send the headlight bucket to daylighter to make us a custom model. And it feels wrong to reach out a third time after he was so great/understanding the first 2 times. I apologize for dropping the ball on that headlight unit for the rest of you guys.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top