LED Headlamp Replacement

I have seen a few guys going from LED back to H4 classic, for a much better light at night. One of them a near and dear friend, who showed me the difference in real.
Are you really trying to go the opposite way ?

One other aspect, make sure you find a matching connector for inside the headlight. There ain't much space and cutting wires before you know ... Ledperf does not seem to provide one.
 
I replaced the stock bulb which burned out on a 2013 with a bulb recommended by another rider on this site. Called the FighterER H4 High/Low Beam LED.

Surface of the sun bright. Came with 2 in the box. Easy enough install. No wire cutting/splicing. Plug and play. Fairly inexpensive. Very happy with it so far.

Interestingly the bulb has a fan built into it for cooling and a decent sized heat sink to dissipate heat produced.

Box says it’s 2.5 times brighter than halogen bulbs. I believe it.
 
I use LEDs in all of my bikes, very similar to what m in sc listed. Good light at night and great visibility.

A simple and cheap upgrade.
 
It’s kind of funny that you are all looking for LED options, meanwhile I wish there was an easy way to replace the stock LED with an incandescent on my EX.
 
+1 for auxito. A bunch of us have been using them also

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
A question for guys that use LED H4 bulb replacement: do they blind the oncoming traffic? Did you try to have someone ride your bike towards you on low beam so you could check how bright is that for your own eyes?
 
Thats just mean. Or brilliant!! :)

Pun intended…
 
When I mess with my headlight, I’ll park in a very dark place, get off the bike and walk way out in front of it and look at it and think, if I were in an oncoming car, would this blind me? I’ll adjust it so I’ve got a good beam on the road without being obnoxious to other drivers.

I had the forks serviced on my Triumph a few years back. Apparently the shop was careless in putting my headlight back on. A few days later, in daylight on my street, an oncoming driver flagged me down to stop.

He had a thick Scottish accent and yelled “Dammit lad, are you trying to blind everyone with your bloody bright lights?”

I looked and the headlight was aimed up a bit. I apologized and adjusted it.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
When I mess with my headlight, I’ll park in a very dark place, get off the bike and walk way out in front of it and look at it and think, if I were in an oncoming car, would this blind me? I’ll adjust it so I’ve got a good beam on the road without being obnoxious to other drivers.

I had the forks serviced on my Triumph a few years back. Apparently the shop was careless in putting my headlight back on. A few days later, in daylight on my street, an oncoming driver flagged me down to stop.

He had a thick Scottish accent and yelled “Dammit lad, are you trying to blind everyone with your bloody bright lights?”

I looked and the headlight was aimed up a bit. I apologized and adjusted it.
Thanks man, this is exactly what I wanted to know. Gonna order that LED myself.

Just to make sure: do these bulbs https://www.ebay.com/itm/375309758244?mk...media=COPY that m in sc suggested require any modifications?
 
m in sc_imp said:
no, they go right in. the -only- difficulty you may have is getting the rubber rain boot over the back of the bulb. the 'body' of the bulb is thicker. it needs to be stretched over. but it will go on, or you can leave it off.
oh, that one i’ll figure, thanks!
 
Jurlie_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
When I mess with my headlight, I’ll park in a very dark place, get off the bike and walk way out in front of it and look at it and think, if I were in an oncoming car, would this blind me? I’ll adjust it so I’ve got a good beam on the road without being obnoxious to other drivers.

I had the forks serviced on my Triumph a few years back. Apparently the shop was careless in putting my headlight back on. A few days later, in daylight on my street, an oncoming driver flagged me down to stop.

He had a thick Scottish accent and yelled “Dammit lad, are you trying to blind everyone with your bloody bright lights?”

I looked and the headlight was aimed up a bit. I apologized and adjusted it.
Thanks man, this is exactly what I wanted to know. Gonna order that LED myself.

Just to make sure: do these bulbs https://www.ebay.com/itm/375309758244?mk...media=COPY that m in sc suggested require any modifications?
Thanks man, this is exactly what I wanted to know. Gonna order that LED myself.

Just to make sure: do these bulbs https://www.ebay.com/itm/375309758244?mk...media=COPY that m in sc suggested require any modifications?
Good product, I use one as well since 2023, no issues after about 50,00 kms
 
The LED bulb was helpful but the biggest difference was when I added the LED pods to my engine guards. Probably doubled my light output/visible pavement on the road both forwards and sides.

And I think the lights cost me $30 and an hour in the garage.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
The LED bulb was helpful but the biggest difference was when I added the LED pods to my engine guards. Probably doubled my light output/visible pavement on the road both forwards and sides.

And I think the lights cost me $30 and an hour in the garage.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Always a great addition, for more light and for added visibility. Knock on wood, my $30 Ebay spots on my Bonneville have been faultless for ten years now.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
The LED bulb was helpful but the biggest difference was when I added the LED pods to my engine guards. Probably doubled my light output/visible pavement on the road both forwards and sides.

And I think the lights cost me $30 and an hour in the garage.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Always a great addition, for more light and for added visibility. Knock on wood, my $30 Ebay spots on my Bonneville have been faultless for ten years now.
Always a great addition, for more light and for added visibility. Knock on wood, my $30 Ebay spots on my Bonneville have been faultless for ten years now. Yea I grabbed some ebay cheapos too, I normally go with the Nilight or Auxbeam brand for any aftermarket lighting for my vehicles but they didn't make the shape/size i wanted to be visually appealing on the CB but some cheapo Ebay one did so thats why I went with that also.

I have an Auxbeam 6 gang switch/control system on my dash to control the lights on my current vehicle and it keeps everything nice and organized and I have 3 open switches to still add more stuff eventually. Probably a roof bar and maybe rear ditch/reverse lights. We do alot of beach driving and off road camping and stuff so all the extra lighting is great.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top