Leather luggage for CB

Rollnon2_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone purchased, or located on line, some really nice leather luggage for the CB? I would prefer brown leather. A number of years back I had a Triumph Scrambler and installed a brown leather attaché on the side opposite the exhaust. It came from Italy, purchased through Triumph, and really looked awesome. It so fit the "period" of that bike, and I think a similar item would look sweet on the CB?
Also, has anyone replaced the stock seat on CB with a Corbin in brown or oxblood color. Just wondered how that might look with the red CB Deluxe?
Thank you for any intel.
 
The only brown side bag I've seen, is on Samurider's web site. Click on "body parts" and its on page #3. Looks really nice but is only 7.5 liters in size.
 
Thread starter
Cool. Thank you. I will be looking in a few. I'll be honest. I'm going for more of a "look" than practicality. Sounds stupid, but the bike is just so cool looking, I don't want to mess with it. If I can carry an iPad, jacket liner, and a good cigar, I'm happy happy.
Thank you.
Omg!!!! The brown colored 14 liter is exactly what I want!!!! It appears however, that they show them mounted only on the left side of standard CB. I'm wondering if the duel exhaust of the deluxe screws up the application?
Thank you
 
Email Takashi at Samurider and ask. He WILL get back to you with the answer. Great man to do business with.

Edit to add: One of our fellow members does have a brown seat on his bike. Don't recall the brand, or which member. He has posted a lot of pics showing it though.

Maybe ferret can remember and post up a link.
 
I found this:

DEGNER : Leather Saddle Bag [SB-43IN]

Same brand as what Mr. T sells, but made to clear the turn signal so no need to relocate them. This may be on my 2nd round of mods after I order my saddle.

I think the brown would look sharp against the red if you can get a match with the saddle. If you go Corbin, ask them to send you material samples before ordering.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Email Takashi at Samurider and ask. He WILL get back to you with the answer. Great man to do business with.

Edit to add: One of our fellow members does have a brown seat on his bike. Don't recall the brand, or which member. He has posted a lot of pics showing it though.

Maybe ferret can remember and post up a link.

Another K&H Seat

K&H vintage leather
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I found this:

DEGNER : Leather Saddle Bag [SB-43IN]

Same brand as what Mr. T sells, but made to clear the turn signal so no need to relocate them. This may be on my 2nd round of mods after I order my saddle.

I think the brown would look sharp against the red if you can get a match with the saddle. If you go Corbin, ask them to send you material samples before ordering.
I really like the idea of this bag with a cutout relief for the turn signal. Using the basic dimensions and drawing it out to the best of my ability, I made a cardboard template to see how it might fit on the CB.

This may work well on this bike. The webike site shows it on a Sportster. It would be neat to come up with a bracket that integrates with the saddlebag such that it and the bag can easily mount to the bungee peg bolt holes so when the bag is removed, none of the saddlebag support bracket remains. I also wonder if a local saddle maker might be able to make a bag to more exacting specifications and precise fit with no interference. That might be expensive, though. Anyway, here are some photos to illustrate where I am going with this:


[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141101_105725_zps46c9d513.jpg.html]
 
Houtman_imp said:
Hopefully the Post Office General will not see that you used brand new mailing boxes ......
I'm not too worried. They're more worried about using the boxes for other shipping services. Who's to say this one wasn't already used (label could be on the other side).
 
Rollnon2, there is a bike on the UK forum with very nice brown bags! I'm sure when Cormanus sees this post he will find it and post a pic! There is also a bike with a brown seat.
hey I found it
 
Houtman_imp said:
I was only kidding !
I wasn't sure...no telling if we ha e some Postal Service employees on the forum who might be horrified of me cutti g up a box.

It reminded me of the Seinfeld where Newman is interrogating Jerry about a case of mail fraud. Funny stuff.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I found this:

DEGNER : Leather Saddle Bag [SB-43IN]

Same brand as what Mr. T sells, but made to clear the turn signal so no need to relocate them. This may be on my 2nd round of mods after I order my saddle.

I think the brown would look sharp against the red if you can get a match with the saddle. If you go Corbin, ask them to send you material samples before ordering.
I really like the idea of this bag with a cutout relief for the turn signal. Using the basic dimensions and drawing it out to the best of my ability, I made a cardboard template to see how it might fit on the CB.

This may work well on this bike. The webike site shows it on a Sportster. It would be neat to come up with a bracket that integrates with the saddlebag such that it and the bag can easily mount to the bungee peg bolt holes so when the bag is removed, none of the saddlebag support bracket remains. I also wonder if a local saddle maker might be able to make a bag to more exacting specifications and precise fit with no interference. That might be expensive, though. Anyway, here are some photos to illustrate where I am going with this:


[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141101_105725_zps46c9d513.jpg.html]

I really like the idea of this bag with a cutout relief for the turn signal. Using the basic dimensions and drawing it out to the best of my ability, I made a cardboard template to see how it might fit on the CB.

This may work well on this bike. The webike site shows it on a Sportster. It would be neat to come up with a bracket that integrates with the saddlebag such that it and the bag can easily mount to the bungee peg bolt holes so when the bag is removed, none of the saddlebag support bracket remains. I also wonder if a local saddle maker might be able to make a bag to more exacting specifications and precise fit with no interference. That might be expensive, though. Anyway, here are some photos to illustrate where I am going with this:

[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141101_105710_zps017a58e2.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141101_105725_zps46c9d513.jpg.html]
Alright, so I pulled the trigger on this bag and a Kijima bag support for a total of about $270 (also ordered a fork brace and an indoor cover). Exchange rates seem pretty decent at around $86 per 10,000 yen.

Hopefully, it fits like I hope and I'll post an update after I get it.
 
There are some really good looking leather bags made for the Bonneville (lots more aftermarket support for that bike; and actually, I think some are factory accessories).....if you could determine fitment, that might be a way to go.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Which one did you order? The one right above, from Webike?
This one with the blinker cutout that I build a mockup from a cardboard box:

DEGNER : Leather Saddle Bag [SB-43IN]

Webike also sells single side saddlebag supports which is nice not having to buy what you don't need. I thought about the one from Samurider, but felt like it looked a little crammed b tween the shock and blinker. I am not a fan of Signal relocation brackets, so I was excited to see a saddlebag that has a relief cutout.
 
OK thanks. I later figured that was the one, and I changed my post.
Looking forward to your update when you receive it and get it mounted.
 
Back
Top