Larger rear sprocket

PowerDubs_imp said:
If he can figure out the factory part number from a non U.S. 900RR- it had a 42t that would fit. U.S. had a 43t and I can’t find the part # for ROW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it. Let's see how he responds and I will ask.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Takahashi's response,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Regarding your question, I am sorry 42 tooth is not available, but I can get 41 tooth rear sprocket. 

I wrote back and asked about the 900rr sprocket. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Found this on the JT Sprocket site. I think it's what we're looking for. Need to check the measurement.

6b414377f68b9210f13c3e1afbc36f54.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I know the 900RR application will fit- I just don't know JT sprockets or their quality.

The Sunstar I tried is the same company that makes the factory sprocket on our bikes.

I would still love to find the Honda factory part # for ROW 900RR 42t sprocket. My google fu is failing as I have not been able to find it. :(
 
Well, returning the sprocket, bought from Amazon, I have been informed that the supplier, Powersports911, will be contacting me. When they do I will ask if they have the 900rr, international, 42 tooth sprocket from Sunstar.

I did check reviews on JT. Didn't see anything alarming. Here's one, JT Sprockets review
 
Thread starter
Pop- the 900RR came with a 43 in the U.S.- 42 rest of the world.

Which given the size of the world- blows my mind the part would be impossible to locate...??
 
If that is the part number, maybe Cormanus could check some of his sources...
Or just check them as I guess they can look it up.
 
Thread starter
I’m not sure if the 2003 uses the same part. The 900RR generation that would fit is the one from the early 90s 9394 etc..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
someone find me a 37 tooth for less than $60. the JT is aluminum. I'm not paying $60 for an aluminum sprocket. if it was steel I would pay it because it would last.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I’m not sure if the 2003 uses the same part. The 900RR generation that would fit is the one from the early 90s 9394 etc..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, there are two offerings for the 1994 CBR900RRR:
[ul] [li]"Sprocket Comp., Final Driven (42T) P/N 41200-MW0-000"[/li] [li]"Sprocket Final Driven (43T) P/N 41201-MAL-600"
[/li][/ul] Again, check the parts fiche here. Peter Hill seems to have a good historic parts list. For what it's worth, the 43T sprocket part number matches with that on PartsFish, although there is no 42T sprocket there. Makes me think the P/N is probably right. Mr T could get it, maybe, if you can't source it locally.
 
Have you tried Mr T?
 
Thread starter
No, but if Honda is listing it as discontinued that is different than him just tracking down a foreign part #.

Also- it appears that even when available, the cost was 5 times the cost of a comparable aftermarket part which is insane. A little more cost for a little more piece of mind- ok. But not that much.

:)
 
If the early 900RR sprocket is compatible with the CB, are there any quality 42 tooth aftermarket options for it? Maybe cross-referencing to a different model will yield better results than the CB. I’ve seen that before with a few other parts.
 
Flytech99_imp said:
If the early 900RR sprocket is compatible with the CB, are there any quality 42 tooth aftermarket options for it? Maybe cross-referencing to a different model will yield better results than the CB. I’ve seen that before with a few other parts.
That's exactly what we did with JT Sprocket. This is the result. Same part number for CB1100 and 900RR.
ab2eba83fd3c2b6046b287c793db9774.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
Flytech99_imp said:
If the early 900RR sprocket is compatible with the CB, are there any quality 42 tooth aftermarket options for it? Maybe cross-referencing to a different model will yield better results than the CB. I’ve seen that before with a few other parts.
That's exactly what we did with JT Sprocket. This is the result. Same part number for CB1100 and 900RR.
ab2eba83fd3c2b6046b287c793db9774.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
That's exactly what we did with JT Sprocket. This is the result. Same part number for CB1100 and 900RR.
9b2f763d7a455f8371ae24024d9df1b0.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Gotcha! I looked at that page wrong the first time. I see now the part number is the “same” although the number of teeth vary based on application.
 
Back
Top