GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
I've read elsewhere many Russians take a liking to those type (e.g. Laplander-like) of offroad vehicle. Many make a sort of military-like RV out of them, including shower and toilet.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I wonder if Kink Briger imprisoned them in the same cell? That would have been interesting. Cool story.Olof_imp said:D+10. An off-bike day. We strolled Nyköping, mostly famous for the Nyköping Banquet which took place at the Nyköping Castle. The Nyköping Banquet (Swedish: Nyköpings gästabud) was King Birger of Sweden' Christmas celebration on Dec. 11. Among the guests were his two brothers Duke Valdemar and Duke Eric, invited for reconciliation after eight years of feud. Later that night King Birger imprisoned Valdemar and Erik in the castle dungeon and, according to legend, threw the key into the Nyköping stream right by the castle (a medieval key was indeed found in the stream in the 20th century). Large parts of the castle remains, including the dungeon.
The Nyköping Castle. You can see the stream on the left side in the photo, just where the key allegedly sank to the bottom on that December night.
The CB also got some attention, having done some 2000 km after first service. New oil and filter (nothing consumed, nothing in the air box drain, oil slightly darker but no metallic), tensioned the chain (play had increased from 25 to 40 mm), checked some bolts and fasteners as well as the fork seals (having dealt with some serious jolts but no bottoming out). All well. I also spent quite some time removing a ton of Lapland bugs, especially from the headers. I tried soaking them in WD40 for half a day but that did nothing. Lots of window cleaner, careful scratching with a credit card and the patience of an angel seemed to be the only way. Lubed the chain again (we used Motul C5 Chain Paste, very happy with it) and that was it. The CB is such a quality package and during this trip I bonded with it. I love the way it just deals really well with all kind of riding. UJM indeed, even if we have had no rain so far and thus only riding in the dry. We'll se how long we're lucky - the forecast was not very promising this afternoon.
However, the impressive performance of the CB, and the complete lack of rain, may have something to do with the RLETs. Luckily I remembered to install them (in less than 60 seconds for both sides) and I suspect the play a part in this. They too were inspected as part of the mini service, and found to be in excellent condition and position, needing no adjustment.
Ferries: Agree. Ferries are nice. So much more for the senses and imagination compared to static concrete and steel structures.pdedse_imp said:I like ferries...not all rivers and bodies of water need to be bridged.
I also like the look of the tight luggage that you've managed to pack w/out saddle bags.
:angel: and another Angel gets their wingsOlof_imp said:D+10. An off-bike day. We strolled Nyköping, mostly famous for the Nyköping Banquet which took place at the Nyköping Castle. The Nyköping Banquet (Swedish: Nyköpings gästabud) was King Birger of Sweden' Christmas celebration on Dec. 11. Among the guests were his two brothers Duke Valdemar and Duke Eric, invited for reconciliation after eight years of feud. Later that night King Birger imprisoned Valdemar and Erik in the castle dungeon and, according to legend, threw the key into the Nyköping stream right by the castle (a medieval key was indeed found in the stream in the 20th century). Large parts of the castle remains, including the dungeon.
The Nyköping Castle. You can see the stream on the left side in the photo, just where the key allegedly sank to the bottom on that December night.
The CB also got some attention, having done some 2000 km after first service. New oil and filter (nothing consumed, nothing in the air box drain, oil slightly darker but no metallic), tensioned the chain (play had increased from 25 to 40 mm), checked some bolts and fasteners as well as the fork seals (having dealt with some serious jolts but no bottoming out). All well. I also spent quite some time removing a ton of Lapland bugs, especially from the headers. I tried soaking them in WD40 for half a day but that did nothing. Lots of window cleaner, careful scratching with a credit card and the patience of an angel seemed to be the only way. Lubed the chain again (we used Motul C5 Chain Paste, very happy with it) and that was it. The CB is such a quality package and during this trip I bonded with it. I love the way it just deals really well with all kind of riding. UJM indeed, even if we have had no rain so far and thus only riding in the dry. We'll se how long we're lucky - the forecast was not very promising this afternoon.
However, the impressive performance of the CB, and the complete lack of rain, may have something to do with the RLETs. Luckily I remembered to install them (in less than 60 seconds for both sides) and I suspect the play a part in this. They too were inspected as part of the mini service, and found to be in excellent condition and position, needing no adjustment.
SnowbirdStichill_imp said:What a wonderful garden. Yesteryear's haunts of the wealthy and privileged are often still great spots to visit today. In the US, these tend to be areas with healing springs, typically found in the mountains. There are often historic old hotels but in modern times, no wealthy tourists seeking the healing waters. The winter retreats in warmer climes have largely been torn down and replaced with modernity. An odd behavior of modern American tourists is to flock south in the heat of summer and into the frigid cold of the mountains in winter. Personally I'd rather go to the warm south in winter and into the cool mountains in summer.
That ceramic stove looks very welcome in the depths of winter.

