TheLegend
First service completed
Thread starter
[attachment=276][attachment=277][attachment=278]
Hi guys,
new here, old hand in moto, I own recently a 2017 Honda CB 1100 RS(now 10.000 km) I ride it a little and I have important issues as follows:
- Knockings under the front valve lid(front right) only after the engine is hot.(camshaft, valve timing, cam chain???)
- strong vibrations in the handle bar(high pitch) after 3,200-5.000 rpm doesn't matter the gear, speed or if I rev' it on stand. I check and all the nuts are tightened OK, vibrations come obviously from the engine. I've used first time AmsOil 10w40, then I change it to OEM Honda 10w30-MA, I've changed the sparks too and... nothing.
- sipping oil from the valve cover gasket, but this is a common fail as I've noticed to many air-cooled Honda.
I need your expertise and experience to find what is to be repaired(what's the cause), those issues are driving me Crazy for such a "young" moto with such big problems. I've visit some mechanics(even at Honda) and they didn't find/guess the real problem, they raise the shoulders. Did you encounter such things? Thank you!
Hi guys,
new here, old hand in moto, I own recently a 2017 Honda CB 1100 RS(now 10.000 km) I ride it a little and I have important issues as follows:
- Knockings under the front valve lid(front right) only after the engine is hot.(camshaft, valve timing, cam chain???)
- strong vibrations in the handle bar(high pitch) after 3,200-5.000 rpm doesn't matter the gear, speed or if I rev' it on stand. I check and all the nuts are tightened OK, vibrations come obviously from the engine. I've used first time AmsOil 10w40, then I change it to OEM Honda 10w30-MA, I've changed the sparks too and... nothing.
- sipping oil from the valve cover gasket, but this is a common fail as I've noticed to many air-cooled Honda.

I need your expertise and experience to find what is to be repaired(what's the cause), those issues are driving me Crazy for such a "young" moto with such big problems. I've visit some mechanics(even at Honda) and they didn't find/guess the real problem, they raise the shoulders. Did you encounter such things? Thank you!
Attachments
-
466421187_9174685799210434_4638216621097354597_n.webp190.8 KB · Views: 83 -
PDF 1.pdf127.1 KB · Views: 6
-
462562037_1677092733223182_1447292778487571622_n.webp177.1 KB · Views: 82 -
015effb9-946e-4eec-ab93-ba25dab6f7c1.webp192.7 KB · Views: 86 -
66705bc9-cbec-4609-b763-5f0120062ffd (1).webp93.4 KB · Views: 88 -
d7700ff1-9797-4a19-b796-a85800fe9ce2.webp97.5 KB · Views: 86