Some motorcycle owner's manuals actually state to never use a keyring or any kind of attachment because of a hazard to controlling the motorcycle. I've never attached anything to motorcycle key(s). Each key sits on a hook all by itself. Any other keys I need I bring separately.
The main issue would be inadvertently turning off the ignition, although with the gizmo pictured above, I'd think there would be a most excellent chance of simply snapping off the key in the ignition, as well.
And the recent GM recall/NHTSA episode, where the weight of additional keys caused the ignitions to fail unexpectedly in a number of vehicle models (apparently leading to some accidents/deaths), also lends some substance to this argument against bunching keys together.
shdwghst457_imp said:
Seen those, but I don't remember where. Kickstarter maybe? Cool that your Plymouth fits in there. You can also configure it with a flash drive if I recall correctly.
You could just as easily not keep your key on your keyring, or use a carabiner. I never let any keys hang down from the key cylinder in my cars, but at least it's not a Chevy where the weight of the keys can turn off your car, causing you to crash, killing you because your airbags don't deploy when your car is off
+1