beardyweirdy@me.com_imp
Been there
Thread starter
I bought my Keis Heated jacket in spring and got one wear of it before the summer came. Well, autumn is here now and I was due a 8-10h ride over 2 days to see the olds. It isn't freezing by any means but a 5h stint on the motorway, in the eve, can get a bit nippy. I've recently sold my Africa Twin and while I wait for the replacement Versys, I had no choice but to take the naked CB1100. With no heated grips fitted I knicked the girlfriends Keis 800i heated gloves as well, just to try out.
What a joy! As soon as the sun set I popped on the heating and it's like riding in the sunshine. Apart from the wind blast it made the CB a real winter touring contender. And actually, after the screen on the AT tossing my head around in the turbulence, the clean, constant air on the CB was a real pleasure. Not half as bad as I was fearing.
I can't praise the Keis heated clothing I have, enough. I bought myself a pair of the gloves, today. Expensive but as with all good gear worth it if you use it.
What a joy! As soon as the sun set I popped on the heating and it's like riding in the sunshine. Apart from the wind blast it made the CB a real winter touring contender. And actually, after the screen on the AT tossing my head around in the turbulence, the clean, constant air on the CB was a real pleasure. Not half as bad as I was fearing.
I can't praise the Keis heated clothing I have, enough. I bought myself a pair of the gloves, today. Expensive but as with all good gear worth it if you use it.
Last year the wife and I did a 9 week / 10,000 mile tour around the US from early May to early July. At least a few times we encountered temperatures in the low 30's (fahrenheit), snow, hail and sleet, etc. I was on my beloved (and much missed) 07 Bonnie sporting nothing more than a tiny OEM flyscreen, and she was on a Suzuki Boulevard 800 with the stock touring windscreen. During the really cold runs, we both used our Powerlet heated jackets under our Aerostich gear. I also used the Powerlet heated glove liners, while the wife had heated grips installed on her bike prior to our trip. This stuff made it possible for us to comfortably cover some miles where otherwise we might have had to stop a lot to warm up or just not even ride at all.