Kawasaki Z900RS

The ferret_imp said:
Tezza... I've always contended that the CB1100 is as small as a 1975 eras 750 but I am relying on a 45 year memory. When you climb on your KZ900 and then climb on the CB1100 does it feel that way to you?
The Honda and the Kawasaki have almost identical weight,wheelbase,horsepower and seat height. The only thing that separates them is the induction and exhaust note and a little more vibes on the Kawa.(and having to turn off the fuel tap).Of course the Kawasaki will always hold a lot more memories. I won't be around to say that about the Honda in 2054.
 
This new version with the radiator and monoshock is interesting, but not retro enough for me. Then again, I'm a throwback that has been looking for a mostly original Z or early KZ (that at least runs) to restore...and now to keep my CB company.
 
Tezza_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tezza... I've always contended that the CB1100 is as small as a 1975 eras 750 but I am relying on a 45 year memory. When you climb on your KZ900 and then climb on the CB1100 does it feel that way to you?
The Honda and the Kawasaki have almost identical weight,wheelbase,horsepower and seat height. The only thing that separates them is the induction and exhaust note and a little more vibes on the Kawa.(and having to turn off the fuel tap).Of course the Kawasaki will always hold a lot more memories. I won't be around to say that about the Honda in 2054.
The Honda and the Kawasaki have almost identical weight,wheelbase,horsepower and seat height.
Yep. When oldtimers ask me about the CB1100's power, weight, etc... I tell 'em that it's pretty much the same as the late 70s/early 80s liter bikes that the CB emulates. When you look up the specs for the old CB/KZ/GS/XS bikes, they look pretty familiar :P
 
Henrik_imp said:
Well, a friend of mine who runs a Kawasaki and Aprilia shop in the area has been talking to me about the Z900RS. He had seen pictures directly from Kawasaki since about a month back, and was very excited. Personally, I am interested as well, and so he sent me a picture today of what the final bike will look like. Also, there will be a few models based on it, with a more sporty version also coming out.

92c2db2679449c2094e9a9100b198e87.png
As awesome as I think the new CBs look, I have to say that if the Z900RS looks like this when it's released, it should do well. Love the overall look, especially the tail section, seat, and tank, which look almost identical to another one of my favorite bikes, the 750 / 1100 Zephyr. Love the root beer brown & orange color combo too. Can't quite tell if there's only 2 exhausts on the right, or if there are two on the other side also. I might be tempted by this one.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Tezza_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tezza... I've always contended that the CB1100 is as small as a 1975 eras 750 but I am relying on a 45 year memory. When you climb on your KZ900 and then climb on the CB1100 does it feel that way to you?
The Honda and the Kawasaki have almost identical weight,wheelbase,horsepower and seat height. The only thing that separates them is the induction and exhaust note and a little more vibes on the Kawa.(and having to turn off the fuel tap).Of course the Kawasaki will always hold a lot more memories. I won't be around to say that about the Honda in 2054.
The Honda and the Kawasaki have almost identical weight,wheelbase,horsepower and seat height.
Yep. When oldtimers ask me about the CB1100's power, weight, etc... I tell 'em that it's pretty much the same as the late 70s/early 80s liter bikes that the CB emulates. When you look up the specs for the old CB/KZ/GS/XS bikes, they look pretty familiar :P
Yep. When oldtimers ask me about the CB1100's power, weight, etc... I tell 'em that it's pretty much the same as the late 70s/early 80s liter bikes that the CB emulates. When you look up the specs for the old CB/KZ/GS/XS bikes, they look pretty familiar :P
My recollection between the cb1100 vs. cb1100F is different ....in that I feel the 1100F was more geared for the hard core racer, and required far more concentration and throttle control. The 1100F seat height was taller too, so for my short 5'5" size, I struggled heavily with keeping it balanced when I come to a rest. whereas this new 1100's seat height is perfect for me. I've never felt like I needed to be cautious with riding the new 1100. Furthermore, the new CB1100 outhandles, outbrake, outdo the old 1100F in every way imaginable, except 1 - accelerating from 40 to 130mph. This is where the 1100F just kicks you in the nots!
it pulls wheelies pulling 2nd and 3rd w/ authority, whereas my new 1100 goes through the gears so w/ authority, but hardly any drama. Just smooth as butter...and I like it that way now that I've gotten gray hairs.
 
That is nice, I love it. The only thing I could pick out from the pictures was the single offset horn on the front - makes it look kind of lopsided. I like the seat and exhaust far better than the concept photos earlier in this thread.

I think I want one.
 
Could have used a real rear fender and the 4 pipe set up, but other than that nicely done I think. If I were still waiting on a retro I'd be all over this bike, but I love my CB1100. I like that it's air cooled and I like the symmetrical pipes.

Wonder what this bike is going to sell for compared to the Cb1100
 
Yes, price is all important with this although I don't like some things about the look. I wish the engine had more obvious fins and that the engine was all silver.

It looks like a 4 into 1 exhaust too.

New Z900s are going for about $8000. If the RS comes in for that price it won't make the CB1100 EX very competitive.

My only fear is that this won't drive like the old KZ900 because the new bikes advertise low to mid-range torque which means they won't rev up freely like the original KZ900.
 
The original KZ900 or Z-1 was not a revver. It pulled very hard all through the rev range (much like the CB1100), but there was no upper end hit, and if memory serves it had about 80 HP. The new 900RS would absolutely SMOKE an old 900. 550 lbs vs 475 lbs, 80 hp vs 110 hp. you do the math lol
 
This bike is definitely joining the CB1100 in our garage. V-strom will be sold.

Pamela has been riding my CB a bit and I think this Kawasaki is a perfect fit for her.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Could have used a real rear fender and the 4 pipe set up, but other than that nicely done I think. If I were still waiting on a retro I'd be all over this bike, but I love my CB1100. I like that it's air cooled and I like the symmetrical pipes.

Wonder what this bike is going to sell for compared to the Cb1100
I agree on the fender, but I like the 4-1 pipe and twisted header (much as I do on my CB) and air or liquid cooled is largely irrelevant to me.

I also eagerly await the price but it is very doubtful that I would get rid of my CB1100 to get one. I like being the only one around with my bike.
 
I'm w/ you Redbirds....my '14 DL650 ADV that hasn't been ridden since april.
Might be time to hose off the dust and spiderwebs after winter, and get it ready to sell come spring time. Divert some of that play money into this z900 rs is what my heart tells me to do...but my head says ...z9rs' too tall for your 29" inseam. Don't matter that there's a low seat avail...may as well sit on a 2x4, no difference.
Banned_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Could have used a real rear fender and the 4 pipe set up, but other than that nicely done I think. If I were still waiting on a retro I'd be all over this bike, but I love my CB1100. I like that it's air cooled and I like the symmetrical pipes.

Wonder what this bike is going to sell for compared to the Cb1100
I agree on the fender, but I like the 4-1 pipe and twisted header (much as I do on my CB) and air or liquid cooled is largely irrelevant to me.

I also eagerly await the price but it is very doubtful that I would get rid of my CB1100 to get one. I like being the only one around with my bike.
I also eagerly await the price but it is very doubtful that I would get rid of my CB1100 to get one. I like being the only one around with my bike.
For now, this is the 1st I've read about pricing:
2026 Kawasaki Z900RS review: Retro looks, modern speed Wrote:Kawasaki are giving no word on the UK price, or availability, or the Z900RS just yet – but expect it to be in dealers by the end of the year with a price tag of around £10k.
£10k=~$13.3k
 
Thread starter
Motorcycle £ prices don’t translate into $ prices. In general they are close, so I’d expect this bike to be in the $10- 11k range. I love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I wouldn't trade my CB for it, but... if they put 4 pipes on it (or even two), I'd go into a showroom and take a hard look!
 
I wouldn't trade my CB1100 in for any bike, but I'm seriously considering retiring the old CB750 from the stable and replacing it with a Z900RS.

My original plan was to replace the old CB with a lightly used '17 CB1100, but this new Kawasaki could be a game changer.

The current pricing for the '18 non-ABS Z900 is $8400. I don't think the RS version is going to be that much more. I suspect it'll be under $10K.
 
Capo_imp said:
Motorcycle £ prices don’t translate into $ prices. In general they are close, so I’d expect this bike to be in the $10- 11k range. I love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the real question is, do you love it enough to add to the collection? Esp with the buzzy inline 4? Then again, you seem to be in the fortunate situation of being able to have many bikes instead of having to pick one over another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top