Kawasaki Z900RS

Well, a friend of mine who runs a Kawasaki and Aprilia shop in the area has been talking to me about the Z900RS. He had seen pictures directly from Kawasaki since about a month back, and was very excited. Personally, I am interested as well, and so he sent me a picture today of what the final bike will look like. Also, there will be a few models based on it, with a more sporty version also coming out.

92c2db2679449c2094e9a9100b198e87.png
 
looks a lot like the mock up photos except for the pipes.
 
I looked at Henrik's photo side by side with the original concept image. Looks like the big differences are the pipes and understated "cooling fins" on the engine. There are also some differences in the frame and passenger peg mount. The later photo seems to have less space between the rear tire and the fender as well.

Quote: Henrik : Also, there will be a few models based on it, with a more sporty version also coming out.
According to the rumor mill, the normally aspirated bike will be followed up with a turbocharged version.
 
It's a good looking bike, although, to my mind, it is not quite as beautiful as the CB1100 or the original Z900. But that wouldn't stop me buying one if I were a 2+ bike guy.
 
hard to compare a real air cooled engine vs a fake finned water cooled engine when it comes to retro .
like the retro paint but otherwise not so much
 
Thread starter
I'm interested in how this performs. Real interested. While it seems less of an 'authentic' retro, it's more modern approach may deliver the goods. Along the lines of the ZRX.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It's a good looking bike, although, to my mind, it is not quite as beautiful as the CB1100 or the original Z900. But that wouldn't stop me buying one if I were a 2+ bike guy.
"it is not quite as beautiful as the CB1100 or the original Z900" = 102% CORRECT and agree with your statement!!:banana::clap:
Cheers
 
lets just call it a great looking ujm and leave it at that
if they price it around what the z900 is at it will sell
for me im a fan and if the motor runs like a z900 it will be great
the one i rode was fast and smooth and fueling was right on. if you can get over the look it was a nice bike to ride
i prefer the ujm look like this one
 
Capo_imp said:
I'm interested in how this performs. Real interested. While it seems less of an 'authentic' retro, it's more modern approach may deliver the goods. Along the lines of the ZRX.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRX is still better looking. Too bad it has carbs...
 
Well, there's more proof that the world is round with those bikes in Australia being upside down (at least during the time of this posting), lol.

The old Z new CB combo is a nice one. In all honesty it would also be pretty darn cool owning an old/new Z combo. (The new Z/new CB would seem a bit redundant relatively speaking.)

But I'd wait until the bike has been out for a while to see how well it is liked.
 
Tezza... I've always contended that the CB1100 is as small as a 1975 eras 750 but I am relying on a 45 year memory. When you climb on your KZ900 and then climb on the CB1100 does it feel that way to you?
 
Tezza_imp said:
Tezza_imp said:
Which one should I replace.

bloody thing came out upside down.
If i right click on the image and view it, it comes out the right way up....got me beat!
If i right click on the image and view it, it comes out the right way up....got me beat!
That happened for me too.

But, if you insert the picture with the IMG tag it comes out upside down again. Go figure.

If I really had to choose, I'd keep the Z. In your case, Tezza, what difference will one more bike make?
 
Back
Top