Kawasaki H2

Not to worry, the street legal version will no doubt have a properly over sized exhaust can.

A fantastic machine but in this guise, what is it for other than an engineering show piece. It would make an interesting track day bike but there is no racing class it could compete in. It will be a record breaker at Bonneville though.
 
Thread starter
Kawasaki Ninja H2: A Closer Look With Kawasaki In Los Angeles « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Wow, the more details that come out on this bike, the more impressive it is. Several fascinating design elements are covered in the linked article.

The US price has been announced: $25k. That's got to be a record for a Kawi, but much less than I expected. The UK price is substantially higher for some reason. Compared to the $65k Pinagale Superleggera I was looking at last week, it's a bargain. And I'll bet the H2 would match, if not exceed, the Ducati's performance.
 
But . . . it's butt ugly. There're plenty of bikes that are stupid fast, half the H2's price, and look decent.
 
DAC_imp said:
But . . . it's butt ugly. There're plenty of bikes that are stupid fast, half the H2's price, and look decent.
Agreed! Especially the head on shot, as seen on this months Cycle World cover. Big square fairing opening. Goofy looking mirrors. Kind of like when Buell first went to the Rotax motors. Longtime lover of Buell, but that thing was just downright ugly, with it's bulbous radiator.

Lot's of horsepower is a great attention getter until you look close and realize that it is just lipstick on a pig.
 
Well ... it is ugly and it isn't. It looks really modern and I like the way they've dealt with all the angles. But the more interesting thing is surely the turbo and whether that be translated to other production bikes meaning, I assume, more get up and go with smaller motors, lighter bikes, etc, etc.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Well ... it is ugly and it isn't. It looks really modern and I like the way they've dealt with all the angles. But the more interesting thing is surely the turbo and whether that be translated to other production bikes meaning, I assume, more get up and go with smaller motors, lighter bikes, etc, etc.

It's a supercharger, not a turbo my friend.
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
But . . . it's butt ugly. There're plenty of bikes that are stupid fast, half the H2's price, and look decent.
What could be more subjective than appearance? I'm sure your Mom thinks you're the best looking guy in America...

Have you seen it in person, BTW? I thought the HyperStrada was extremely good looking until I saw it live. Its BFU in person...in MY opinion...where the H2 is the Cindy Crawford of motorcycles.
 
The price point puts it out of reach for the general public. Kawi wanted to make a statement with this design and will sell them to a small market and collectors. The bike is different and very well designed. If i had 25K to throw away one would be in my garage.
 
At $25K it's no more expensive than a lot of Goldwings, Harleys, BMW's, Spiders, 3 wheelers etc. It's target market however is different than any of those products, who may not have the disposable income of the older folk. The collectors will have the jingle, but the average smo that wants to go fast may be strapped to afford one.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
But . . . it's butt ugly. There're plenty of bikes that are stupid fast, half the H2's price, and look decent.
What could be more subjective than appearance? I'm sure your Mom thinks you're the best looking guy in America...

Have you seen it in person, BTW? I thought the HyperStrada was extremely good looking until I saw it live. Its BFU in person...in MY opinion...where the H2 is the Cindy Crawford of motorcycles.
What could be more subjective than appearance? I'm sure your Mom thinks you're the best looking guy in America...

Have you seen it in person, BTW? I thought the HyperStrada was extremely good looking until I saw it live. Its BFU in person...in MY opinion...where the H2 is the Cindy Crawford of motorcycles.
Nope - haven't seen the bike in person. But then again, mom doesn't let me out much. Plus she thinks my younger brother looks better.

. . . and how dare you insult The Cindy in such a manner! You cad!
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
The price point puts it out of reach for the general public. Kawi wanted to make a statement with this design and will sell them to a small market and collectors. The bike is different and very well designed. If i had 25K to throw away one would be in my garage.
Have you been to a Harley or BMW dealer lately? Guys are paying $25k and more for those bikes every day. Ducati has a few in that range as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have seen this come out at, say, 20% more than a ZX 1000RR, but compared to a Confederate, Motus, or some other niche bikes, $25 large isn't that much.
 
It is a bargain for $25k but still not my cup of tea. If cheaper I might buy it and store it as an investment as I suspect few will survive accidents or blowing up!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Capo_imp said:
I dig it. My first road bike was a 1975 Kawasaki Mach 3 500. I have a soft pot for Kawis.
Oh dear, I know you didn't mean it Capo. I do love typos. "A soft pot". :rofl:
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
The price point puts it out of reach for the general public. Kawi wanted to make a statement with this design and will sell them to a small market and collectors. The bike is different and very well designed. If i had 25K to throw away one would be in my garage.
Have you been to a Harley or BMW dealer lately? Guys are paying $25k and more for those bikes every day. Ducati has a few in that range as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have seen this come out at, say, 20% more than a ZX 1000RR, but compared to a Confederate, Motus, or some other niche bikes, $25 large isn't that much.
I agree. While you won't end up with a more exotic nameplate, if you're talking bang for your buck, it's not really an outrageous price.
 
Back
Top