Kawasaki GPX 600 R

It appears somewhat goth. I think they might be popular in Berlin.



Showrooms in my neck of the woods have a unit on the floor ... forever.

I have heard speaking to others that they are comfortable. (Zzzzzzzz, burp! uber.)
 
My local dealer has sold a couple, one in the last few weeks, but I have never seen one on the road.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Someone on the forum has an NM4 and likes it quite a bit.

It is rather unusual looking though.
Correct-o-mundo. I believe it's one of our German forum members. He loves it. I've only seen one in person. It was at the same dealership my CB came from. I couldn't stop staring at it and asking myself questions. Underneath the bodywork, I believe it's basically a derivation of a NC700.
 
Ok, enough is enough.... leave the GPX alone. I actually think it's quite beautiful, in it's own unique 1980's kind of way! And if I found one in as good a condition as that for €450, I'd snap it up in a flash. Lovely, well done and please don't ruin it. It's rarer than a 60's Bonnie, Norton Commando or CB750.
 
Thread starter
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
Ok, enough is enough.... leave the GPX alone. I actually think it's quite beautiful, in it's own unique 1980's kind of way! And if I found one in as good a condition as that for €450, I'd snap it up in a flash. Lovely, well done and please don't ruin it. It's rarer than a 60's Bonnie, Norton Commando or CB750.
Hey, Beardyweiredy!

Thanks, day by day I’m more convinced that the GPX with no customization is really rare.
In an hour I’ll drive to the DMV to get the license plate. And then pick it up from tire store.
Of course It’s raining, but, how ever :excited:

Greetings to my beloved London.
 
A foul weather bike is a great idea. As they go, that's a pretty classy one.
 
MaFiHa_imp said:

RE £12.50 per day: Is that some sort of inner city carbon/pollution tax? ([URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/69972/]yikes)
Hey!

Yes, it’s going very strong and I’m proud of the old girl.
And, yesterday I got another GPX, same year and color, as spare part carrier for 200€ :excited:

12.50 pounds per day? You’re kidding , right? :@
Where do you keep finding these bargains! Well done, there will be a raft of old bikes coming out of London soon.... I'm not kidding, wish I was.
The ferret_imp said:
Yep, It's a pollution solution. I may be slightly biased but I can help thinking that petrol bikes, that have relatively low emissions, are paying for the massive amount fumes being pumped out of the thousands of Diesel vehicles, that drive in the city.

Diesel was promoted heavily about 10-12 years ago with tax breaks. Not sure why, I think it was supposed to be more economical and less polluting. After a few years tho, the filters in the exhausts break down and the engines become less efficient and low and behold, you've got a thousand tractors belching out thick black smoke all over town...

I'm glad they're cleaning it up but not so happy that bikes are being penalised.

It's a big brother operation Ferret. CCTV cameras all over the city and if your reg. plate is read and you haven't paid, I think it's a £60 fine.

Tough love ;-))
 
Thread starter
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
MaFiHa_imp said:

RE £12.50 per day: Is that some sort of inner city carbon/pollution tax? ([URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/69972/]yikes)
Hey!

Yes, it’s going very strong and I’m proud of the old girl.
And, yesterday I got another GPX, same year and color, as spare part carrier for 200€ :excited:

12.50 pounds per day? You’re kidding , right? :@
Where do you keep finding these bargains! Well done, there will be a raft of old bikes coming out of London soon.... I'm not kidding, wish I was.
The ferret_imp said:
Yep, It's a pollution solution. I may be slightly biased but I can help thinking that petrol bikes, that have relatively low emissions, are paying for the massive amount fumes being pumped out of the thousands of Diesel vehicles, that drive in the city.

Diesel was promoted heavily about 10-12 years ago with tax breaks. Not sure why, I think it was supposed to be more economical and less polluting. After a few years tho, the filters in the exhausts break down and the engines become less efficient and low and behold, you've got a thousand tractors belching out thick black smoke all over town...

I'm glad they're cleaning it up but not so happy that bikes are being penalised.

It's a big brother operation Ferret. CCTV cameras all over the city and if your reg. plate is read and you haven't paid, I think it's a £60 fine.

Tough love ;-))

RE £12.50 per day: Is that some sort of inner city carbon/pollution tax? ([URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/69972/]yikes)
Hey!

Yes, it’s going very strong and I’m proud of the old girl.
And, yesterday I got another GPX, same year and color, as spare part carrier for 200€ :excited:

12.50 pounds per day? You’re kidding , right? :@
Where do you keep finding these bargains! Well done, there will be a raft of old bikes coming out of London soon.... I'm not kidding, wish I was.


I have NO IDEA, the offers are just popping up :dodgy: :rolleyes:
But, it was only 20 km away, so I couldn't say no.
Within the next days I'll start to detach all things that I think I will need in
future and let the rest go.
Do anybody need a frame with title?! :D
 
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
MaFiHa_imp said:

RE £12.50 per day: Is that some sort of inner city carbon/pollution tax? ([URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/69972/]yikes)
Hey!

Yes, it’s going very strong and I’m proud of the old girl.
And, yesterday I got another GPX, same year and color, as spare part carrier for 200€ :excited:

12.50 pounds per day? You’re kidding , right? :@
Where do you keep finding these bargains! Well done, there will be a raft of old bikes coming out of London soon.... I'm not kidding, wish I was.
The ferret_imp said:
Yep, It's a pollution solution. I may be slightly biased but I can help thinking that petrol bikes, that have relatively low emissions, are paying for the massive amount fumes being pumped out of the thousands of Diesel vehicles, that drive in the city.

Diesel was promoted heavily about 10-12 years ago with tax breaks. Not sure why, I think it was supposed to be more economical and less polluting. After a few years tho, the filters in the exhausts break down and the engines become less efficient and low and behold, you've got a thousand tractors belching out thick black smoke all over town...

I'm glad they're cleaning it up but not so happy that bikes are being penalised.

It's a big brother operation Ferret. CCTV cameras all over the city and if your reg. plate is read and you haven't paid, I think it's a £60 fine.

Tough love ;-))

I hope that as today's electric motorcycles age they don't penalize those vehicles in the future.

Definitely something fundamentally unfair with the current system. Maybe something to bring to the attention of a local MP?
 
Back
Top