K&N oil filters .. known issue..FYI

Thanks for sharing
Think I will continue with factory oil filter.
 
It's about time.

I couldn't help noticing that you really can't find info about the recall on their website unless you are specifically searching for "recall".
 
My friend recently had a really bad experience with this K&N oil filter. Oil leaked at the nut while he was riding at 80km/h at 11pm. God save him, he managed to stop without hitting ground and have reached some contacts he known to get help with new filter and oil.
 
I do not want to mess with anybody but STOP buying aftermarket oil filters!!!!
( my private opinion is based on almost 35 years in automotive business/not with Honda)

Cheers to all and trouble free riding with OEM/HONDA parts:D:thumbsup:

pb
 
peterbaron' pid='187855' dateline='1511311763 said:
I do not want to mess with anybody but STOP buying aftermarket oil filters!!!!
( my private opinion is based on almost 35 years in automotive business/not with Honda)

Cheers to all and trouble free riding with OEM/HONDA parts:D:thumbsup:

I fully agree with your statement , stick to Honda parts !
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron' pid='187855' dateline='1511311763 said:
I do not want to mess with anybody but STOP buying aftermarket oil filters!!!!
( my private opinion is based on almost 35 years in automotive business/not with Honda)

Cheers to all and trouble free riding with OEM/HONDA parts:D:thumbsup:

I fully agree with your statement , stick to Honda parts !
THANKS Houtman!!!
:beerchug::beerchug: HONDA LEADS THE WAY with OEM :biker::biker::biker::biker::excited::clap:

pb
 
Thanks for the post Ferret. About a month ago i was about to stop by cycle gear and grab one of the K+N filters to do my break in oil change. Ive used the K+N filters as well on my Yamaha Roadliner. Anyway, i saw a post here with someone who had a filter fail and blow oil out all over. I immediately said screw that filter, ill just go OEM Honda. I had 2 spares for my Yamaha in the garage, in the trash they went. Ill just use the good old OEM ones from now on. Cant believe the disaster the K+N ones are.
 
I suspect this all pretty hard on K&N, a company which has made lots of oil filters and had very few problems. That said, it is a significant failure for a motorcycle and one that puts the rider and others at risk. And it's a design fault that there's such a significant point of weakness on the filter. I'll certainly not be using them again.
 
Back
Top