Just talked to dUh! (Rick)

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
He seemed to be in pretty good spirits considering. He is home resting now, and goes in for the ankle surgery on Thursday, followed by 8-12 weeks of no load bearing on the foot. The swelling is slowly going down. He has broken bones in fingers of both hands but has some digits sticking out so he is able to do some things. He also said it wasn't the bag that put him down it was a deer that ran into the side of him.

He said to tell everyone he says hello and he was sorry that he didn't get to see everybody and ride with the group.
 
Do we need to find the deer and put a notch in one his antlers? :angel:

Surgery is no fun, pass on some good will from us
 
8-12 weeks no weight in it. Same as my wife's leg. Maybe Cheryl and Rick will resume riding on the same day.
 
We all missed seeing you Rick and glad you are resting at home. We'll keep you in our prayers that your surgery goes well and you recover completely.

Thanks for the update Mickey.
 
Heal up and do what the doctors tell you.
 
Thanks for the update, Mickey.

Rick - glad you're in good spirits. That helps the healing! Take care!
 
Thanks for the update, Mickey. I was looking forward to meet Rick. Next year, maybe.

We do have to find that deer and bring Rick some jerky. :shy:
 
dUh!, perversely, perhaps, I'm glad it wasn't the bag that brought you down. It didn't quite gel with my recollection of the care you took with things like bags.

Best of luck with the surgery. I hope it goes well and that your recovery is swift.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
dUh!, perversely, perhaps, I'm glad it wasn't the bag that brought you down. It didn't quite gel with my recollection of the care you took with things like bags.

Best of luck with the surgery. I hope it goes well and that your recovery is swift.
I couldn't have put it any better.
 
You guys are still awesome, and I regret not being able to ride with everyone. Thank you.
Cast on the right hand has been removed. No surgery required to repair damage on both hands, just natural healing. I am able to use my hands better now without that cast on.
Bike has been dropped off at local dealer for appraisal. Curious to see if it makes it.

I'm thinking about taking up hunting, as I obviously don't need to do much to locate wild game.

Being off my feet, confined to a bed has been torture so far.
 
dUh!_imp said:
You guys are still awesome, and I regret not being able to ride with everyone. Thank you.
Cast on the right hand has been removed. No surgery required to repair damage on both hands, just natural healing. I am able to use my hands better now without that cast on.
Bike has been dropped off at local dealer for appraisal. Curious to see if it makes it.

I'm thinking about taking up hunting, as I obviously don't need to do much to locate wild game.

Being off my feet, confined to a bed has been torture so far.
I try to put as many Bambies as the law allows in my freezer each season but the evening roadsides are still hazardous LOL. Doesn't work, they multiply like rats.

Get well fast Rick, hope your bike can be repaired.
 
Back
Top