Just Regular People. Thanks.

rocket_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've been riding since 1968 and over the years thought I should continue some sort of pursuit of the next best thing. My first bike was a Honda CB160 & it was the most fun I ever had on a bike. But back then, Japanese bikes did not the status of Harleys or British twins, so I quickly changed to BSA & Triumph. And, also, quickly became intimate with my toolbox and rides home in the back of a van.
Later, I went back to Honda, then Kawasaki because I told people " I just like the people who ride them & the attitude of the Japanese dealers " A few years on vintage Triumph Tridents ( YIKES ! Why the complication ?! ) and Bonnevilles and a further expansion of my tool collection. But it wasn't the maintenance that bothered me. It was the "agenda " that was part of ownership. Constantly criticizing anything they didn't agree with from electronic ignitions to the "correct" Aubergine purple used in 67 ! Can't they just ride the bikes ? I thought that criticism was limited to BMW riders who all think of themselves as engineers.
So, here I am. Full circle. back to Honda. And I could not possibly be happier than when I read the comments on this Forum. Just nice people who enjoy riding their bikes & sharing the experiences with others. Thank you. I've found a home. Rocket
p.s. I pick up my CB110 this Thursday.
 
Good words, Rocket. This is a great forum. As for the bike itself, well, you'll have to tell us what you think after Thursday. :)
 
Thursday will be a Big Day! :excited:

Just steer clear of any oil threads, and all's well. And speed limiters. Esoteric ECU flash theories. Oh, and tire sizes and construction, various exhausts, header discoloration remedies, and now apparently seat release mechanisms... :rofl:

Congrats!
 
I have come to learn over my short term as a motorcyclist that there is more truth than ad hype in the phrase "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" ...and some of those "nicest people" don't even ride Hondas. The riders of other brands that approach me and my CB1100 are generally just motorcyclists, not "BMW riders" or "Harley riders", just riders, looking to have a conversation with another rider. I'm not convinced that this would be the case if I rode a different bike.
 
Thursday is going to fantastic. Bring a friend or two to take pictures and video. Nothing like picking up brand new bike. And nothing quite like the new CB1100s. Enjoy!
 
Lol only a true enthusiast, a true motorcycle nut knows the 67 Bonnie was Burgoyne and white. Good on ya. My complicated Brit bike was a 69 BSA Rocket 3, your Tridents fraternal twin brother.

The people who ride the CB 1100, and participate in this forum, seem to come from mostly similar backgrounds. Plenty of bikes in the past, spread among many brands, and the Cb 1100 seems to have the characteristics that those experienced people have come to appreciate in a motorcycle.

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forum.
 
Thread starter
Randy: You really should get more familiar with the BMW racing models . Looks like TINK has the special race-prepped Boxer with the desirable, and very rare, quick-disconnect lighting option offered only in Europe, Bolivia and Arkansas. Chicks dig it !! Rocket
 
Guth_imp said:
"Just Regular People" — that's us.

Good to have you here along with the rest of the regulars.
Yes, we're just regular people. Ferret is a little more regular than the rest of us. I think it's all the tea he drinks. ;)
 
:rofl: oh lord, see what I have to put up with?
 
Back
Top