Just like The Ferret...

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
At the rally last month, I was amazed at all of the photography going on whilst riding. We had Ferret and others with camera's always at the ready...shooting this and that while walking and while riding. Note... I had tried this camera idea on a string before...but decided I didn't like it. Well... I tried it again yesterday morning on a little ride up Florida's west coast. Apologies first...I'm not on my CB. It is still in Georgia hopefully being cleaned up by its newly installed RLETS. Here's a few photos... There not nearly as good as Ferretts and others..and the scenery isn't as good either (no mountains or waterfalls).

ed83d762c5e91a407b028d4a5820327d.jpg


28a0459c58d2bfefe0b39e5528391512.jpg


d4d4b52759d63ae3d29b7b6f7cc72b98.jpg


405807fd156e71a1847b1c1524def5d9.jpg


ac2389bb7473d89af93fb56c28f12724.jpg


The last one is for proof that I was moving.

The trick is...the relative thinness of the gloves and the size of the shutter button. And of course as Ferrett would say... I'm not endorsing doing anything outside of ones comfort zone. Safety is more important than getting that next shot. But the camera idea on a string around the neck seems to be a great idea that I'm going to adopt going forward. It sure beats stopping, taking the gloves off, then searching for the phone... Thanks Ferrett!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Or maybe you had it on the center stand with the rear wheel spinning like crazy... :)
 
Welllllll look at you! Good job Ride4Now. :thumbsup: you've got skills... And I agree safety is more important than ANY picture.

BTW .... Unless you shrink a half a foot in height, gain a gut and lose your hair, you will never be " just like Ferret " lol
 
Ferret, he's hit one of those targets!

ride4now, good work. As a practitioner of this dark art, I endorse what you way about relative thickness of gloves; I can work my camera well only when wearing thin summer gloves as otherwise I can't easily press the on-off switch. However, someone at the rally suggested gluing a lump (well small piece) of metal or something to the on-off switch and maybe the shutter release. I intend to try it sometime.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Ferret, he's hit one of those targets!

ride4now, good work. As a practitioner of this dark art, I endorse what you way about relative thickness of gloves; I can work my camera well only when wearing thin summer gloves as otherwise I can't easily press the on-off switch. However, someone at the rally suggested gluing a lump (well small piece) of metal or something to the on-off switch and maybe the shutter release. I intend to try it sometime.
Cormanus... He's hit one of those targets... I'm roaring with laughter.
Can you see it?? :rolleyes: As for the button...I heard you say that... I might try it too.
 
Back
Top