Just in - 2014 Deluxe rack and top box

RetroSeattle_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just installed the 2014 Deluxe rear rack and top box I purchased from Takashi at Samurider. Excellent service, the order arrived in Seattle four days after I placed it!

The rack is built like the Brooklyn Bridge, and is a real pain in the rear to install, unless you happen to have six arms and very small fingers. Some use of The Persuader (rubber mallet) was required. The top box is a new design made just for the Deluxe, and is big enough for one full face helmet. The only installation glitch is that the Honda One Key design requires you to assemble the lock cylinder to match your key, and there are no instructions included so I shall have to consult a locksmith on that one.
 
Looks good, mate. The front of the box isd at an interesting angle. Be interested to hear what it's like as a backrest for a pillion.
 
Nice garage! :thumbsup:

Oh the rack and trunk look good too.
 
Retro,

I have the instructions for the one lock keying. They were supplied by one of the members here. His girlfriend translated them. Turns out to be pretty easy, but not intuitive.

I can get them to you if you want, PM me your email address. Maybe Ferret should put them the HOW TO thread.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Retro,

I have the instructions for the one lock keying. They were supplied by one of the members here. His girlfriend translated them. Turns out to be pretty easy, but not intuitive.

I can get them to you if you want, PM me your email address. Maybe Ferret should put them the HOW TO thread.
Popgun, send them to me by pm or email and I will do just that. Or... all you have to do is go to the How TO section and click on New Thread, and post them up yourself. Either way, doesn't matter to me and would be a welcome addition to that forum.

I prefer How To's with Step by step pics but just narration is good if no pics are available.
 
Ferret,

His translation has the Kanji instructions with pics, and the translation for each step. I have it in my email and will email it to you in a couple minutes.

It saved my rear end...

Retro, I would suggest that you do not try to set the lock until you read the instructions or you may not be able to if you lock the tumbler in too soon...
 
If Ferret doesn't get it done for a while and you need it, just PM me and I'll send it to you.
 
Send it directly to him popgun. I can't get the illustrations you sent me to copy.
 
Can you talk about that dolly some? Looks interesting...
 
RetroSeattle_imp said:
I just installed the 2014 Deluxe rear rack and top box I purchased from Takashi at Samurider. Excellent service, the order arrived in Seattle four days after I placed it!

The rack is built like the Brooklyn Bridge, and is a real pain in the rear to install, unless you happen to have six arms and very small fingers. Some use of The Persuader (rubber mallet) was required. The top box is a new design made just for the Deluxe, and is big enough for one full face helmet. The only installation glitch is that the Honda One Key design requires you to assemble the lock cylinder to match your key, and there are no instructions included so I shall have to consult a locksmith on that one.
What was the problem with the rack? Did it not line up correctly?
 
ride4now_imp said:
RetroSeattle_imp said:
I just installed the 2014 Deluxe rear rack and top box I purchased from Takashi at Samurider. Excellent service, the order arrived in Seattle four days after I placed it!

The rack is built like the Brooklyn Bridge, and is a real pain in the rear to install, unless you happen to have six arms and very small fingers. Some use of The Persuader (rubber mallet) was required. The top box is a new design made just for the Deluxe, and is big enough for one full face helmet. The only installation glitch is that the Honda One Key design requires you to assemble the lock cylinder to match your key, and there are no instructions included so I shall have to consult a locksmith on that one.
What was the problem with the rack? Did it not line up correctly?
What was the problem with the rack? Did it not line up correctly? Yeah I'd like to know also what the rack issues were. I just picked up the rack today and if its gonna be a PIA I'll have my dealer install it.
 
tbone455_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
RetroSeattle_imp said:
I just installed the 2014 Deluxe rear rack and top box I purchased from Takashi at Samurider. Excellent service, the order arrived in Seattle four days after I placed it!

The rack is built like the Brooklyn Bridge, and is a real pain in the rear to install, unless you happen to have six arms and very small fingers. Some use of The Persuader (rubber mallet) was required. The top box is a new design made just for the Deluxe, and is big enough for one full face helmet. The only installation glitch is that the Honda One Key design requires you to assemble the lock cylinder to match your key, and there are no instructions included so I shall have to consult a locksmith on that one.
What was the problem with the rack? Did it not line up correctly?
What was the problem with the rack? Did it not line up correctly? Yeah I'd like to know also what the rack issues were. I just picked up the rack today and if its gonna be a PIA I'll have my dealer install it.
What was the problem with the rack? Did it not line up correctly? Yeah I'd like to know also what the rack issues were. I just picked up the rack today and if its gonna be a PIA I'll have my dealer install it.
I'd be surprised if the dealer would install something
they didn't sell. Let me know what happens though... I'm
interested in that rack. Would prefer straight
from Honda, but if this IS a Honda rack I might
just go with them.
 
If it's anything like the 2013's, it's a VERY tight fit. The front two holes aren't too bad, and when you're doing them, you're thinking, "oh those guys, they must not have any mechanical experience," then you get to the two rear ones, where you have to match the two sides, the turn signal bracket, and somehow get the thing lined up and the bolt through all three holes at the same time, and you're like "maybe if I just leave it, when I come back, the garage gnomes will have finished it for me." Eventually, you'll get it, but it is a pain in the ass.
 
I just got the Honda rack from my dealer. I don't see how it can be installed wo removing or altering the tail light assembly. The attachment points line up properly but the height of the tail light is the problem. And I feel the rack should be straight horizontal not angeled up.
I'm gonna return it and look for a good quality after market rack.
BTW: NO paperwork or directions for install were provided in the box.
 
Ferret,

Looks like its time for a how to on the rack install...
 
tbone455_imp said:
I just got the Honda rack from my dealer. I don't see how it can be installed wo removing or altering the tail light assembly. The attachment points line up properly but the height of the tail light is the problem. And I feel the rack should be straight horizontal not angeled up.
I'm gonna return it and look for a good quality after market rack.
BTW: NO paperwork or directions for install were provided in the box.
What year and model CB do you have?? I'm not aware of Honda having one yet for the 14 deluxe... and I know for a fact that the rack for the 13 will not fit the 14 deluxe.
 
Back
Top