I had done other forays 40-80 miles since I bought the bike recently, but I did one of the loops that I do in San Diego Co. that is from Vista up 15 to 76 to 79 (Lake Henshaw "T") to Santa Ysabel through to Ramona to 67 down the hill to Rancho Bernardo and back up 15 to 78 or Deer Springs road back to Vista. The reason I mention this is because I am in need of a hip replacement so it is very painful to ride. But darn it, I am going to keep on riding until I have that replacement. I did improve the gas mileage as I had originally put in high octane gas and the bike does not like that at all. So, it is 87 octane all the way. And I put in a K&N air filter and that made a big difference with the Delkevic mini 8". A Puig flyscreen and bar end mirrors plus tailbag round out the "improvements" that I have done to suit me. The bike is a good performer and goes through the turns very well and brakes superbly. The one thing that I did that helps to alleviate the pain is to put SW-Motech highway pegs as the same ones I did on my Gen 1 FZ1 (Yamaha). I was starting to get the very bad arthritis at that time which is more than 8+ years ago. Back on the freeway 80+mph seems to be a the limit for comfort but it will do it and then some. A perfect 2nd bike to my Guzzi...
