Just a romp after work

gary_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Went for a sanity ride after a long day. It's still a little cold and wet around but the CB made all that disappear, what a joy to ride.

482942f5182482b16d08cde9dc335fed.jpg


9de735978e0dee2d312e91db5792d746.jpg
 
Inline4_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Great pictures. Riding does have a restorative effect, doesn't it?
I call it "Therapy". :thumbsup:
Your CB is stunning in those pics. DAMN! :beerchug:
I call it "Therapy". :thumbsup:
Your CB is stunning in those pics. DAMN! :beerchug:
The CB and the scenery!

Great pics Gary.
 
Yea baby :thumbsup:

The mountains and the CB 1100 ..what an awesome combo!

Thanks for posting up the pics
 
What a great ride in some pretty country.

That 2014 is really starting to grow on me. Got to convince the wife we need two CB1100's.
 
Look how classic those four front head pipes look in that mountain pic. Just beautiful!
 
What a beautiful stream in the background. I bet great place for fly fishing. How do you carry fishing rod on a motorcycle ?
 
CeeBeeMe_imp said:
What a beautiful stream in the background. I bet great place for fly fishing. How do you carry fishing rod on a motorcycle ?
I used to have a little ultra lite rod and reel that packed into a little case about a foot long and 6 inches wide that I usd to carry on my 76 750 Honda also used to bowhunt off that bike
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
Awesome. Where around Seattle was that?
The mountain in the picture is Mt. Index. This is the west end of the town of Index. Great twisty road for about 6 miles with very little traffic. I do wish the road was drier and the tires weren't so new.
CeeBeeMe_imp said:
What a beautiful stream in the background. I bet great place for fly fishing. How do you carry fishing rod on a motorcycle ?
I do a lot of fly fishing on the XR650L. I made a fly rod holder for both mine and my dads bike that mounts parallel with the front forks. A piece of 2.5" aluminum tube with a could of brackets welded on and caps on both ends, they come off with a couple of pins in seconds and have straps to pack them further if needed. I will have to take pictures one of these days. Lots of good fly fishing around here, and there isn't much better than riding and fishing in my book.


I am glad you guys like the pictures, happy to share.
 
Back when the world was flat and I was a youth growing up in Seattle I cut my teeth on dirt bikes in the hills around Diamond Bar and Index WA. Good times. TINK
 
I'm envious of you West Coast guys. When I was in navigator training in Sacramento back in the late 70s, I loved riding the gold country, the Sierra's, Lake Tahoe, western Navada and the coastal areas north and south of San Francisco. Nothing like that in the East.
 
CeeBeeMe_imp said:
What a beautiful stream in the background. I bet great place for fly fishing. How do you carry fishing rod on a motorcycle ?
I haven't done so yet, but I'm thinking of buying a telescoping tenkara rod. Tenkara is a Japanese, basic style of fly fishing. Big advantage is that there's minimal gear. I figured I could easily transport all the gear I'd need on my CB and head out to SW Wisconsin sometime. I'm told that "Tenkara" literally means "from heaven". A fly fishing trip on by CB would certainly be heavenly. :)
 
Gary, EmptySea,

Thanks for the info. I bought the bike only three days ago and am thinking of some trips, and browse the web back and forth about some equipment ideas. I figured I need some camping equipment, small easily packed . I am not a sophisticated guy and will go with absolute minimum. For a start I think of small one-person tent, blanket, something to make a hot tea in the morning and fishing rod.

Looks like you live in great area where you can hop on your bike, ride for 30 min. and be in the middle of wilderness, and you can do it after work and not wait for the weekend.
 
Alright, another hot tea drinker :thumbsup:. I am enjoying cup #1 for this morning right now. Mmmmmmmm I loves me some hot tea.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Alright, another hot tea drinker :thumbsup:. I am enjoying cup #1 for this morning right now. Mmmmmmmm I loves me some hot tea.
I was just having one too..and will have another one..:)
 
Thread starter
CeeBeeMe_imp said:
Gary, EmptySea,

Thanks for the info. I bought the bike only three days ago and am thinking of some trips, and browse the web back and forth about some equipment ideas. I figured I need some camping equipment, small easily packed . I am not a sophisticated guy and will go with absolute minimum. For a start I think of small one-person tent, blanket, something to make a hot tea in the morning and fishing rod.

Looks like you live in great area where you can hop on your bike, ride for 30 min. and be in the middle of wilderness, and you can do it after work and not wait for the weekend.
advrider although it is not nearly as friendly as this forum is, there is a wealth of information on adventure riding. Especially when it comes to what gear is available and suggestions on what is needed for different trips. Chances are you know all about it but just in the off chance that you don't. Adventure Rider

I bike camp every year and every year my gear changes a little. I am definately getting lighter and simpler with both bike and gear, I think this is a key to maximum enjoyment.
 
Back
Top