Just a little surgery-a few weeks off the bike

Ulvetanna_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Went into the hospital today for outpatient right-side inguinal hernia repair. Had a great team and all went swimmingly. All done.

Apparently that last track day really got it to popping out. Doc said he had to install a "cone" shaped piece of mesh to plug the hole.

Ain't using no ten-dollar words because the Norco is doing its job.
 
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
 
I had the same surgery about 25 years ago. Warning: do not watch funny movies during your first days of recovery--the drugs make everything seem funnier and the ensuing belly laughs can be painful. Heal fast.
 
Bummer dude, but glad things went well, and that you'll be back to tearing up the local roads soon.
 
Glad you are ok. One of my co-workers just had the same thing done and just got back to work this week after a month off.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Glad you are ok. One of my co-workers just had the same thing done and just got back to work this week after a month off.
That's what they're saying, at least a month. I am hobbling around right now. It's a bit improved from yesterday but still, I can barely walk. So, Vudu, Amazon video, and old movies.

Still got one more race!:clap:

And it was a nice feeling to wake up from the surgery. Not that I guess one would know if he didn't awake. First thing I saw in the garage was the CB1100 with a new rear tire.
Rboe_imp said:
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
lol the surgeon had to use a "cone" and mesh.
 
I had that surgery about 9 years ago. Man those first days were rough. Lots of sleeping due to the pain killer meds.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Glad you are ok. One of my co-workers just had the same thing done and just got back to work this week after a month off.
That's what they're saying, at least a month. I am hobbling around right now. It's a bit improved from yesterday but still, I can barely walk. So, Vudu, Amazon video, and old movies.

Still got one more race!:clap:

And it was a nice feeling to wake up from the surgery. Not that I guess one would know if he didn't awake. First thing I saw in the garage was the CB1100 with a new rear tire.
Rboe_imp said:
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
lol the surgeon had to use a "cone" and mesh.
That's what they're saying, at least a month. I am hobbling around right now. It's a bit improved from yesterday but still, I can barely walk. So, Vudu, Amazon video, and old movies.

Still got one more race!:clap:

And it was a nice feeling to wake up from the surgery. Not that I guess one would know if he didn't awake. First thing I saw in the garage was the CB1100 with a new rear tire.
Rboe_imp said:
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
lol the surgeon had to use a "cone" and mesh.

You had surgery performed in your garage? Now that's impressive. Heal well and quickly and enjoy much streaming content along the way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Desert viper_imp said:
Had the same surgery....hang in there.....
Thanks! Seems to be improving a little every day, hour by hour. Just completely jonesing to get back on the bike.

Especially since my RLETs are going to be here soon. Makes all the difference, I hear.:rofl:
Capo_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Glad you are ok. One of my co-workers just had the same thing done and just got back to work this week after a month off.
That's what they're saying, at least a month. I am hobbling around right now. It's a bit improved from yesterday but still, I can barely walk. So, Vudu, Amazon video, and old movies.

Still got one more race!:clap:

And it was a nice feeling to wake up from the surgery. Not that I guess one would know if he didn't awake. First thing I saw in the garage was the CB1100 with a new rear tire.
Rboe_imp said:
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
lol the surgeon had to use a "cone" and mesh.
That's what they're saying, at least a month. I am hobbling around right now. It's a bit improved from yesterday but still, I can barely walk. So, Vudu, Amazon video, and old movies.

Still got one more race!:clap:

And it was a nice feeling to wake up from the surgery. Not that I guess one would know if he didn't awake. First thing I saw in the garage was the CB1100 with a new rear tire.
Rboe_imp said:
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
lol the surgeon had to use a "cone" and mesh.

You had surgery performed in your garage? Now that's impressive. Heal well and quickly and enjoy much streaming content along the way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what they're saying, at least a month. I am hobbling around right now. It's a bit improved from yesterday but still, I can barely walk. So, Vudu, Amazon video, and old movies.

Still got one more race!:clap:

And it was a nice feeling to wake up from the surgery. Not that I guess one would know if he didn't awake. First thing I saw in the garage was the CB1100 with a new rear tire.
Rboe_imp said:
Someone needs to introduce you duct tape..........:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you can't get Norco if you go the duct tape route.:D
lol the surgeon had to use a "cone" and mesh.

You had surgery performed in your garage? Now that's impressive. Heal well and quickly and enjoy much streaming content along the way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lol, well, he used a plug and patch, which is how we might fix a tire! Pretty big hole there, I guess. Glad I didn't wait any longer, I'd have been plugging the dike myself!:beerchug:
 
Recover well and quickly, Ulvetanna.
 
I've never had that (at least, not yet) but other bits have been worked on while I was put out. Recovery is like house building. First day or so hardly any progress, then boom, like the framing, lot's of progress for about a week. Then, like the house as you get into the details, progress seems to really slow down - then one day you find out you're back to 100% (or as close as you'll ever get).

The trick is to not over do it when you thinks things are just swimmingly good (I did that with my shoulder when I shattered the clavical, doing things like pull ups, picking up the CB after laying it on the grass - on purpose, installing the case savers etc. then finding out it was not healing. Oiy!). That can set you back a bit.

But you still have to push yourself a bit so that rust does not settle in. It can be a fine line.

Enjoy the movies! There were some posters of movies on the bar wall in Furnace Creek of westerns that were filmed in Death Valley and a couple looked very interesting so they are on my bucket list now.
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
I've never had that (at least, not yet) but other bits have been worked on while I was put out. Recovery is like house building. First day or so hardly any progress, then boom, like the framing, lot's of progress for about a week. Then, like the house as you get into the details, progress seems to really slow down - then one day you find out you're back to 100% (or as close as you'll ever get).

The trick is to not over do it when you thinks things are just swimmingly good (I did that with my shoulder when I shattered the clavical, doing things like pull ups, picking up the CB after laying it on the grass - on purpose, installing the case savers etc. then finding out it was not healing. Oiy!). That can set you back a bit.

But you still have to push yourself a bit so that rust does not settle in. It can be a fine line.

Enjoy the movies! There were some posters of movies on the bar wall in Furnace Creek of westerns that were filmed in Death Valley and a couple looked very interesting so they are on my bucket list now.
Yep, I just thought I might try a ride today after only a week, but was rolling the bike a bit in the garage and realized if I had to catch it, it would not be a good thing. So it'll sit for a while longer.

This is a good time of year to go to Death Valley, reminds me!
 
Back
Top