June 19, 2017 - International Ride to Work Day

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
If you ride to work on Monday, post a picture of your bike parked where at your place of business. My suggestion to those retired folks in our ranks is that you ride to a family member's or friend's place of business and snap a quick pic there. If that's not possible, then a pic in front of SOME place of business will have to suffice.

Ride!
 
Everyday (I'm parked in the far right of this photo).
9c247c32366f0c586b14576d2a575f43.jpg
 
I will ride to SOMEBODY's place of employment. Lol
 
Sadly, I won't. But you lot: ride to two places of employment for me.

Thanks.
 
My post/picture is a day early. My area of the US weather forecast should be rocking and rolling with thunder storms and potential flooding tomorrow, 19 June.

I took a ride to my Middletown/Town of Wallkill, NY commuter train station, which I commuted to Hoboken, NJ, then connect to my office in Manhattan, New York City. My train would leave about 4:20am and I would return to the station about 6:30pm. I considered this as a temporary job/commute, which lasted from 1990 to 2010.

I know this picture was not taken at my former office, which is located on 34th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues, across the street from the Empire State Building. I was no mood to ride anywhere near NYC today.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
My post/picture is a day early. My area of the US weather forecast should be rocking and rolling with thunder storms and potential flooding tomorrow, 19 June.

I took a ride to my Middletown/Town of Wallkill, NY commuter train station, which I commuted to Hoboken, NJ, then connect to my office in Manhattan, New York City. My train would leave about 4:20am and I would return to the station about 6:30pm. I considered this as a temporary job/commute, which lasted from 1990 to 2010.

I know this picture was not taken at my former office, which is located on 34th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues, across the street from the Empire State Building. I was no mood to ride anywhere near NYC today.


Bless you for doing it that long.
 
Thread starter
Pretty strong possibility of storms tomorrow here in Chicago, too. I'm essentially forced to ride or walk to work tomorrow since my office is closest and we are 1 car shy of having a car for every employed household resident. That's ok, though, since it's about a mile to work and it is, after all, Ride to Work Day.
 
60% chance here today which meant if I rode I would get wet so I decided to take the jeep instead :) Rode enough on Saturday/Sunday to more than make up for the short commuting of today.
 
Nice and sunny here in the Houston area. Me and one other hard case parked side by side, like usual. The "No Parking" spot is the best place to park!
6e02e63e6c3fc438ac458052f767d4de.jpg
a3fbb52fd8ca57d41b57e3dc637604f4.jpg


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
I had a great ride in this morning. Just hope the forecasted afternoon thunderstorms are gone before 5:00. At least the chance is only 50% down from 80% this morning.

ac8596f464b9d77eac2e50de98c22778.jpg
 
This morning's picture. I will see if I can get another with the company sign later.
bf0f1be628a3aa1d5708cd8306c69e53.jpg
 
Pauley_imp said:
69991f8ccfc38cb1950c3c6cbbffc43d.jpg

In to work early so traffic was very light. Found a spot to park. 60 miles round trip.
I like how they got a full sized truck, a SUV, and a large sedan in the compact parking spots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top