Josh?s bigger throttle bodies project

PowerDubs_imp said:
No- I would say wait- and see what results I get soon with my dual stacked custom made stacks.

They should give better results- but are NOT for a stock bike.

At the very least- you will need to add more fuel.

But also- there are many other ways to uncork the bike first- exhaust being the main one- get at least a slip on muffler, if not a full exhaust to get rid of the cat.

But no matter what- ANY change to the factory velocity stacks- you should add fuel.
Dear

Do you know these?



Is it okay to initiate a power boost?
Is there a big difference for you with a full exhaust on this bike?
I haven't experience with CB1100........

I imaging that to increase the fuel are needed the Power Commander module, whic model of PC are ok?

Thanks for your reply
 
Thread starter
Yes- those are high quality mufflers and will sound nice too. Decent power gain.

And yes- a full exhaust will make even more power.

Powercommander is a good way for more fuel.
 
Is the CAT in the stock slip-on or in the stock tubes?
I imaging in the stock slip-on.....
Wich is the difference beetwins PC V and Guhl ECU reflash?


Do these changes make you lose the smoothness of delivery at low revs?

sorry for my bad english
 
Thread starter
Cats are never in the muffler.

Cats are typically as close to the head pipes as possible for heat purposes.

PCV just adjusts fuel.

ECU tuning can adjust fuel, ignition, rev limiter, top speed limiter

These changes improve smoothness. Even just using an O2 bypass plug improves low speed smoothness.
 
How did the CB650R velocity stacks work? Has anyone else tried the same? Out of all the intake mods I have seen this appears to make the most sense to me... thinking about exhaust and intake options to be ready when winter comes...
 
I just got CB650R velocity stacks from ebay for $91 plus 20 for shipping.  It will be a bit before I get to install, but if they are a direct fit with similar size but better bore (not choked down) then I think they are well worth the price.  I will try to report my results when possible.
 
When measuring the ID of the stock throttle body casting directly, the bores are roughly 30.5mm at the exit. When measuring the ID of the stock intake funnels, they taper to a minor diameter of ~25mm before beginning to taper open again, expanding to roughly 30.5mm.

After exploring several other Honda intake funnels and also some aftermarket options I determined that boring the ID of the stock funnels very nearly maximizes what is possible when attempting to increase intake cross-sectional area via different or modified intake funnels. Whether it be done via a sandpaper drum or flap-wheel, or more sophisticated methods, opening the stock intake funnels to roughly 30.5mm buys you all the intake area that you can possibly achieve with the stock throttle bodies.

To anyone who would attempt such a modification, be aware that at a 30.5mm ID bore, the walls of the stock intake funnels will taper down to ~1mm (.040") wall thickness.
 
Back
Top