Joining the 4-4 club

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I’ve been wanting / watching / reading about the various 4-4 for years.

Although I really like the sound and performance of my Arrow 4-1 & Staintune.... I’ve always disliked having a side of the bike with no muffler.

Add in the sound of the 4 cyls each puffing independently and the lure has me dreaming, watching YouTube videos etc every few months of all the 4-4 videos I find.

Personally I like the look of the Moriwaki the best by far. They are the most well fit to the frame and lines, and the quality and welds are unmatched.

That being said- I went with the Pipemasters today for several reasons.

#1- the Moriwaki have small cats in each pipe. For most people that doesn’t matter- and in fact might give a more reserved quality sound without any harshness. But it also may choke off a couple hp and if I can avoid that- well, I will.

#2- centerstand. Yes I need to buy a dlx centerstand but I’m ok with that and would rather have it than not. This is probably a bigger reason that I didn’t go with the Moriwaki than number 1.

#3 - O2 sensors- the Moriwaki like all the others is sized for the stock Honda sensor- but I reached out to Pipemaster and he said not a problem- he put normal sized O2 bungs in. I also contacted Dynojet and they made
me a custom file so I can run the autotune on our bikes with 2 sensors. I need to buy a new autotune kit that is made for the 2 sensors, but it will work now on our ‘dlx’ bikes. I don’t expect much difference- I just like to play. I’m sure the bike would run fine on the same single sensor file I already have.


So yea... not my first choice if Moriwaki had a center stand, no cat option... even if I had to have the bungs welded on myself... but given those things.. I’ll deal with a bit of homemade aftermarket look / fit.



eb8fd1077fc5545ace6dfdd0b7443361.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I’ve been wanting / watching / reading about the various 4-4 for years.

Although I really like the sound and performance of my Arrow 4-1 & Staintune.... I’ve always disliked having a side of the bike with no muffler.

Add in the sound of the 4 cyls each puffing independently and the lure has me dreaming, watching YouTube videos etc every few months of all the 4-4 videos I find.

Personally I like the look of the Moriwaki the best by far. They are the most well fit to the frame and lines, and the quality and welds are unmatched.

That being said- I went with the Pipemasters today for several reasons.

#1- the Moriwaki have small cats in each pipe. For most people that doesn’t matter- and in fact might give a more reserved quality sound without any harshness. But it also may choke off a couple hp and if I can avoid that- well, I will.

#2- centerstand. Yes I need to buy a dlx centerstand but I’m ok with that and would rather have it than not. This is probably a bigger reason that I didn’t go with the Moriwaki than number 1.

#3 - O2 sensors- the Moriwaki like all the others is sized for the stock Honda sensor- but I reached out to Pipemaster and he said not a problem- he put normal sized O2 bungs in. I also contacted Dynojet and they made
me a custom file so I can run the autotune on our bikes with 2 sensors. I need to buy a new autotune kit that is made for the 2 sensors, but it will work now on our ‘dlx’ bikes. I don’t expect much difference- I just like to play. I’m sure the bike would run fine on the same single sensor file I already have.


So yea... not my first choice if Moriwaki had a center stand, no cat option... even if I had to have the bungs welded on myself... but given those things.. I’ll deal with a bit of homemade aftermarket look / fit.



eb8fd1077fc5545ace6dfdd0b7443361.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, nice shined-up, slick 'n' glossy tire.
 
I'd be interested in the Arrow.....I've been watching YouTube videos of the Arrow,its hard to tell the difference in the sound of stock vs Arrow. Does the Arrow help with the flat spots in the powerband?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
tj_gee_imp said:
Gordo, have you seen the video where the guy drills the holes in the stock silencer?

If not:
Yes!! I have seen this one. I like the Arrow, it has a great sound with the db killer out. I was going thru some older posts on here as well, in regards to the Arrow. My other thought was Delkevic. The Yosh is up there as well. I seen a video last night with the Yosh and the baffle out, it sounds killer as well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
My Arrow is the header- my Staintune is the muffler.


I received shipping ‘notification’ tonight- and it shows the package will be picked up at his shop on Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Powerdubs , when you install the right hand pipes make certain that the inner clamp bolt does not stick out too much as the center stand will touch it when you put the bike on the stand . When you use a rear stand like Pitbull it is easy to check the clearance.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I’ve been wanting / watching / reading about the various 4-4 for years.

Although I really like the sound and performance of my Arrow 4-1 & Staintune.... I’ve always disliked having a side of the bike with no muffler.

Add in the sound of the 4 cyls each puffing independently and the lure has me dreaming, watching YouTube videos etc every few months of all the 4-4 videos I find.

Personally I like the look of the Moriwaki the best by far. They are the most well fit to the frame and lines, and the quality and welds are unmatched.

That being said- I went with the Pipemasters today for several reasons.

#1- the Moriwaki have small cats in each pipe. For most people that doesn’t matter- and in fact might give a more reserved quality sound without any harshness. But it also may choke off a couple hp and if I can avoid that- well, I will.

#2- centerstand. Yes I need to buy a dlx centerstand but I’m ok with that and would rather have it than not. This is probably a bigger reason that I didn’t go with the Moriwaki than number 1.

#3 - O2 sensors- the Moriwaki like all the others is sized for the stock Honda sensor- but I reached out to Pipemaster and he said not a problem- he put normal sized O2 bungs in. I also contacted Dynojet and they made
me a custom file so I can run the autotune on our bikes with 2 sensors. I need to buy a new autotune kit that is made for the 2 sensors, but it will work now on our ‘dlx’ bikes. I don’t expect much difference- I just like to play. I’m sure the bike would run fine on the same single sensor file I already have.


So yea... not my first choice if Moriwaki had a center stand, no cat option... even if I had to have the bungs welded on myself... but given those things.. I’ll deal with a bit of homemade aftermarket look / fit.



eb8fd1077fc5545ace6dfdd0b7443361.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, nice shined-up, slick 'n' glossy tire.
That’s the first thing I thought. Poor chap that had to ride that back from the studio probably laid it down on the first turn. :D
 
Thread starter
After being told the exhaust would ship on payment- which was over a week ago...and a week of the tracking number just saying 'scheduled for pickup'- which showed a date of last Monday... today the tracking finally shows IN TRANSIT.

So- not long now.
 
Back
Top