JF Coastal "Mods Complete"

JF Coastal_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Wasn't sure if I should post this thread here, or in the modifications thread. Anyways, I've completed all of my modifications to my bike for the time being. Weather is getting warm and miles are quickly adding up. Dam, I love this bike. !! Love how everyone on this board has a different take on the same bike. So, here's Mine. !!

2014 CB1100 Standard "Black" Mods Completed.

black low rise handlebars
Biltwell Grips
Bar End Mirror (Left Side)
front and rear turn signals
fender eliminator kit
Hakofugu short front fender
moriwaki frame sliders
Ryujin Fender Eliminator kit
Arrow slip on exhaust
Power Commander - V


That's about it, I doubt i'll be doing anymore modifications for the time being.

57b36fbac78653537aa9a671484ec358.

aeecec629964d98c236f92222f23996a.

3d061e9488ed086adc00e95f8a0a1fc4.

4dad34f55fb20f70f0a6e734de4d965b.

f15f1d2a53c93a270d4ff15d7b5e25b9.

6f16d201c33cf578e178261a70bfaf7f.
 
Yes, very good job. Gives the bike a "purposeful" look. When I first scrolled down your photos I stopped at the third. Thought you had done a Tiger stripes custom paint job on your tank and side cover. First thought was "That's really cool". Then, to my disappointment saw that it was reflections.

Cheers, and once again, good job.
 
Great work, JFC.
 
Looking lean and mean there JFC
 
He's reflecting on it.
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Yes, very good job. Gives the bike a "purposeful" look. When I first scrolled down your photos I stopped at the third. Thought you had done a Tiger stripes custom paint job on your tank and side cover. First thought was "That's really cool". Then, to my disappointment saw that it was reflections.

Cheers, and once again, good job.

Tiger stripes , No no.. Not me, I had to go back and look after this comment and it does look like tiger stripes. haha.

Someone else should try that.
Mirror has been added, nice catch. I knew I missed something.

Thanks for all the comments guys. ! Nearly time for the 600 mile tune up now. Can't wait for my first road trip. hmm, where to go !
 
Those "tiger stripes" actually look pretty good!
 
Thread starter
Popgun, I agree !! They do look pretty good. Just no way on earth I'll be doing that paint mod . I highly encourage someone else to though, and post a bunch of photos.

60's biker. Thanks, I like them. Actually, it just kinda worked out. I really like the quality of signals dime city has. I believe R&S makes them. I wanted small round black ones with amber lenses, they are sold out and back logged. Wanted to be legal and riding, so I just went with these. I really like the look, but please notice. They won't work on the front in standard location. I relocated them to the headlight. Worked perfectly.

Turn Signals - Rectangle - Shorty - Polished - Amber Lens - Pkg 2
 
Oh yeah, I see the old signal post on the front----if ya didn't know what they were, ya don't really notice it too much. I agree with ya, other than black, the brushed alum. looks good. I might just have the turn signal housing painted black like the euro model.
 
Looks good JF. I had those same turn signals on my Ryca cafe racer and they are well made and affordable. I like that you can get dual filament version for running lights. :thumbsup:
 
Great looking bike! Big fan of the black CB :)
Very nice mods....
Quick question - the bungee you have on the back for extra stuff I assume... Does it work pretty good?
Where did you get it?
Thanks,
 
Thread starter
Thanks jrns. !!

The cargo net, I just picked up at a local motorcycle shop for like $9.00. So far I think it's great. I just needed a quick inexpensive way to keep some extra gear on the back of the bike, so far it's perfect. Sunday riding around, I went grocery shopping and got milk, and some other miscellaneous items and held down fine. I can put a rain coat or an extra shirt on there as well. It seems to hold well with nothing or small items / medium awkward loads as well. on my commute to work, I strap down a backpack and that works great as well.

I'm not a huge fan of having a tank bag on my bike. Currently own the icon primer tank bag, and I prefer the cargo net too it. I'm sure I'll use both on longer trips.

Hope this helps some.
 
Back
Top