Houtman_imp
Road warrior
They look absolute beautiful !!!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
They look awesome! Wrap a few lights around them and they will be the best looking tree ornaments of the lot.suhawk305_imp said:My Jet-Hot coated header pipes arrived today despite the icy rain today. I am very happy with the results! Cost me $192 for the "Polish" coating of the 4 pipes and the catalytic converter, same of the quoted price. I don't intend of making any other modifications to my CB1100, it is the way I want it...I have old school tastes.
![]()
The only downside of this experience is with the independently owned UPS Store. I brought the pipes to them, which were carefully packed by my Honda dealer, and the UPS store refused to insure my pipes unless they pack them in their box. They quoted me $164 to insure and ship. I had no idea what to expect with the shipping cost, so I let them do it. I wish I read this thread beforehand.
Right now, I have my shinny pipes next to the Christmas tree. The pipes will stay there until my wife discovers them and make me to take them out to the garage!
GO, in Erin, not far away:GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, been thinking the same for a few years now. I spoke to Jet-Hot earlier this year - a bit of a pain to send item south of the border. However, there are similar services in sketchy remote areas of Ontario.
Your results have awoken the beast again.
peterbaron_imp said:GO, in Erin, not far away:GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, been thinking the same for a few years now. I spoke to Jet-Hot earlier this year - a bit of a pain to send item south of the border. However, there are similar services in sketchy remote areas of Ontario.
Your results have awoken the beast again.
http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.ph...e&Itemid=1
Suhawk, listen for a second: THESE PIPES LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!
Will these get dark again????

suhawk305_imp said:Thanks all. I was tempted to have my pipes Jet-Hot coated for a while, but then I saw mtneer's coated pipes at the WV Rally this past summer. No more temptation, I had to have it done to my pipes. Thanks mtneers!
mtneers_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:GO, in Erin, not far away:GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, been thinking the same for a few years now. I spoke to Jet-Hot earlier this year - a bit of a pain to send item south of the border. However, there are similar services in sketchy remote areas of Ontario.
Your results have awoken the beast again.
http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.ph...e&Itemid=1
Suhawk, listen for a second: THESE PIPES LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!
Will these get dark again????
GO, in Erin, not far away:
[url=http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1]http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.ph...e&Itemid=1
Suhawk, listen for a second: THESE PIPES LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!
Will these get dark again????
PB...I had mine coated over a year ago. They are aftermarket (originally chrome) but had “blued”. I had Jet Hot treat the 4 headers and crossover. They have not turned and clean easily with Mother’s Mag and Aluminum Polish. Lifetime guarantee.
Pics are “before” and “after”.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:mtneers_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:GO, in Erin, not far away:GoldOxide_imp said:Yeah, been thinking the same for a few years now. I spoke to Jet-Hot earlier this year - a bit of a pain to send item south of the border. However, there are similar services in sketchy remote areas of Ontario.
Your results have awoken the beast again.
http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.ph...e&Itemid=1
Suhawk, listen for a second: THESE PIPES LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!
Will these get dark again????
GO, in Erin, not far away:
[url=http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1]http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.ph...e&Itemid=1
Suhawk, listen for a second: THESE PIPES LOOK GORGEOUS!!!!
Will these get dark again????
PB...I had mine coated over a year ago. They are aftermarket (originally chrome) but had “blued”. I had Jet Hot treat the 4 headers and crossover. They have not turned and clean easily with Mother’s Mag and Aluminum Polish. Lifetime guarantee.
Pics are “before” and “after”.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you mean "after" and "before"?
. Not sure if Jet-Hot will add blue/discoloration/streaks to pipes.
Hey PB: Have you ...peterbaron_imp said:Thanks Ron, you'll make me drive to Erin, is just 31 km away from where I live![]()
GoldOxide_imp said:Hey PB: Have you ...peterbaron_imp said:Thanks Ron, you'll make me drive to Erin, is just 31 km away from where I live![]()
peterbaron_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:Hey PB: Have you ...peterbaron_imp said:Thanks Ron, you'll make me drive to Erin, is just 31 km away from where I live![]()
Hey PB: [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044&pid=256127#pid256127]Have you ...
Not yet.
FAQ's answered all of my concerns. Call'em directly
GoldOxide_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:Hey PB: Have you ...peterbaron_imp said:Thanks Ron, you'll make me drive to Erin, is just 31 km away from where I live![]()
Hey PB: [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044&pid=256127#pid256127]Have you ...
Not yet.
FAQ's answered all of my concerns. Call'em directly
Hey PB: [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044&pid=256127#pid256127]Have you ...
Not yet.
FAQ's answered all of my concerns. Call'em directly
That's what I meant: Did they return your calls/emails? If so, can you share a quote and any other preconditions for their work? Some customer reviews appeared underwhelming and I was hoping they were exceptions only. I am interested in your experience (so far).
peterbaron_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:Hey PB: Have you ...peterbaron_imp said:Thanks Ron, you'll make me drive to Erin, is just 31 km away from where I live![]()
Hey PB: [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044&pid=256127#pid256127]Have you ...
Not yet.
FAQ's answered all of my concerns. Call'em directly
Hey PB: [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044&pid=256127#pid256127]Have you ...
Not yet.
FAQ's answered all of my concerns. Call'em directly
That's what I meant: Did they return your calls/emails? If so, can you share a quote and any other preconditions for their work? Some customer reviews appeared underwhelming and I was hoping they were exceptions only. I am interested in your experience (so far).
Hey PB: [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15044&pid=256127#pid256127]Have you ...
Not yet.
FAQ's answered all of my concerns. Call'em directly
That's what I meant: Did they return your calls/emails? If so, can you share a quote and any other preconditions for their work? Some customer reviews appeared underwhelming and I was hoping they were exceptions only. I am interested in your experience (so far).
I will update when have some more info,,,