Jeans inside or outside?

Haggard Rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just bought a pair of Richa Vapour waterproof boots, that arrived this morning, to replace the ordinary working boots I've been using up to now .

These new boots come about, maybe just above, mid-shin height so have raised the dilemma of do I wear my jeans inside or outside my boots. I think I'd prefer outside myself.

Are there practical considerations?

...or doesn't it really matter?
 
Jeans outside. Aside from the fact that it looks better, if it rains unexpectedly and your jeans are tucked in, your boots will fill up with water far more quickly.
 
(+1) Pants outside, however, depending on the pants, tension may build up along the knee/thigh area when wearing long boots. If that is discomforting, then the Storm Trooper look will solve that (pants inside). Not practical during rain, but otherwise during dry rides, it relieves the leg tension - if applicable. I also find, again depending on the pants, the Storm Trooper look avoids air current up the leg sometimes causing wind flapping while riding on the freeway.
 
Outside the boots for sure, but every time I see a rider bombing along the highway with his pants cuffs flapping madly in the breeze, I can't help but think that it's a very uncool look - but I suppose that's just me.
I wear Diamond Gusset Kevlar lined jeans that have a Velcro strap on the cuffs so they don't flap in the wind.
I guess that makes me a cool rider - in my own mind :D :D :D
 
I suppose I should have clarified "flapping" vs. "parachuting". I was actually referred to parachuting or ballooning. I have found flapping occurs on any loose fitting pants whether an "Innie" or an "Outie"? :)
 
I buy my bike jeans with an extra 2 inches for the inseam. That helps lessen the tightness at the knees, and they do not rise up my boots and let the cold wind in.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I buy my bike jeans with an extra 2 inches for the inseam. That helps lessen the tightness at the knees, and they do not rise up my boots and let the cold wind in.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
I buy my bike jeans with an extra 2 inches for the inseam. That helps lessen the tightness at the knees, and they do not rise up my boots and let the cold wind in.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
(+1) ... after I learned I needed a couple extra inches too. In most cases, too bad the leg width also tends to increase.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
I buy my bike jeans with an extra 2 inches for the inseam. That helps lessen the tightness at the knees, and they do not rise up my boots and let the cold wind in.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
(+1) ... after I learned I needed a couple extra inches too. In most cases, too bad the leg width also tends to increase.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
(+1) ... after I learned I needed a couple extra inches too. In most cases, too bad the leg width also tends to increase. A few more cheeseburgers will fill out the extra leg width.
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
I buy my bike jeans with an extra 2 inches for the inseam. That helps lessen the tightness at the knees, and they do not rise up my boots and let the cold wind in.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
(+1) ... after I learned I needed a couple extra inches too. In most cases, too bad the leg width also tends to increase.
I have done the same for years , it also gives you more room for knee/ shin protectors.
(+1) ... after I learned I needed a couple extra inches too. In most cases, too bad the leg width also tends to increase. A few more cheeseburgers will fill out the extra leg width.
Mmm-MMMM-mmmm, cheeeeeese-burg-ger-ssss.
 
I really miss cheeseburgers. It was my go to sandwich before I got sick..... followed by a club sandwich.
 
It used to be a big deal to me, but now after a year and a half, not so much. I don't even miss french fries anymore. What I really do miss is soft white bread and Popeyes spicy fried chicken (or anybody's fried chicken for that matter)....and cake, and pie crust lol. But in reality, it's just food, I've learned to eat within my limitations, and I still get to ride my motorcycles everyday, so it's all good.
 
A+ attitude Ferret, you are living your priorities which is the most important. I had to give up certain things to help preserve my health. I have no regrets.
But....no Popeyes! :s
 
Back
Top