Nicely done! I know a lot of folks have been interested in how to mount a backrest without the use of a rear rack. Any chance you have a pic of what your brackets look like? What are the brackets attached to?
Nicely done! I know a lot of folks have been interested in how to mount a backrest without the use of a rear rack. Any chance you have a pic of what your brackets look like? What are the brackets attached to?
Here is a steel prototype. I ended up going with aluminum. Home Depot. About $7. It's 1/8 inch thick and about 6 1/2 long. I removed grab rails and cut an 1/8 inch slot in bracket that holds rail. Used rotary 3 inch grinder. Attached with short bolt and nut in unused hole. And nut on end of rear grab rail hook. You'll have to drop rear fender (4 bolts) temporarily.
Very nice. Looks neatly mounted. Will also support your tail bag when riding solo all I can say is good work. This is for sure what a good forum is for