Its official 2014 CB 1100's for US

Alas for us in Oz there is no sign that we will see a new model CB. I made enquiries at the main Sydney dealer yesterday. He had no information from Honda regarding the CB being in the 2014 lineup. Furthermore, on checking, he said there was no ADR (Australian Design Rule) approval application lodged for the CB. Whether this last is significant or not is lost to me but the sales manager seemed to think so.

In any case I am very happy with my CB. Apart from the joy of the ride it often attracts attention.

Cheers
 
The ferret_imp said:
My dealer just called and said Honda released the info on the 2014 CB 1100s for the U.S.

As leaked info indicated there will be 2 models..the Standard and the Deluxe

Std will be black with black wheels not sure if there are any other changes to that model that would be different than ours.

Deluxe will be red with the 4 into 2, double walled chrome header pipes, 6 speed, 1/2 gallon larger tank, revised instruments with gear indicator, new turn signals, headlight relocated up 1" ..and he said ( from memory) it also had mag wheels ( note he may be wrong on that..We will see)

If the weather cooperates tomorrow I will run down and look at specs and pictures to see of I can get more info including prices if he has them.
Thanks for this great news! I'm going to put my deposit on an EX model, with the spoked wheels, as soon as my dealer confirms availability. I hope they offer more color options than just the white for the EX model.
 
It appears no spokes for us Dave.

Which is fine by me. Makes it much easier to resist trading in. :)
 
The spokes and blue color would drive me to buy a second CB! I can get both from Mr. T for less than a new bike if I really want it bad enough. I've been thinking, will depend on taxes and bonus, so I'm not holding my breath.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
It's really hard to tell (for me) the color of the fenders from the photo of the 2014 standard model. I hope they come up with some better photos soon. Are the fenders graphite black or are they chrome?
 
Wish could get the black with ABS....guess will wait for official, official reveal and hope :D

Though the more I'm looking the more a white one with brown leather seat seems to work for me.
 
pcypert_imp said:
Wish could get the black with ABS....guess will wait for official, official reveal and hope :D

Though the more I'm looking the more a white one with brown leather seat seems to work for me.
I don't know how much more "official, official" it can get. The picture I provided in Post #27 came directly from a Honda dealership motorcycle ordering website, with the caption underneath that states black will not be offered with ABS.

Sorry.
 
Thread starter
Buffalohead_imp said:
It's really hard to tell (for me) the color of the fenders from the photo of the 2014 standard model. I hope they come up with some better photos soon. Are the fenders graphite black or are they chrome?
They look like the graphite to me.
 
thumper_imp said:
pcypert_imp said:
Wish could get the black with ABS....guess will wait for official, official reveal and hope :D

Though the more I'm looking the more a white one with brown leather seat seems to work for me.
I don't know how much more "official, official" it can get. The picture I provided in Post #27 came directly from a Honda dealership motorcycle ordering website, with the caption underneath that states black will not be offered with ABS.

Sorry.
I don't know how much more "official, official" it can get. The picture I provided in Post #27 came directly from a Honda dealership motorcycle ordering website, with the caption underneath that states black will not be offered with ABS.

Sorry.
Yeah I figured. Just hoping once up on the Honda USA site would be different. Have seen these change from time to time once it rolls to full announcement in past with various things so was holding out hope. Man what a shame as the ABS is actually my number one pull for this bike over some of the others in the category. I like a modern functioning bike that looks like a bike. Maybe 2015! :)
 
ABS stands for: Antilock Braking System.
If you suddenly lock any wheel, which in turn would usually have you on the deck, the bike automatically release the brake pressure allowing the wheels to roll and hopefully maintain control.

It, s really worth trying on a good dry straight road, you dont have to go to fast, to practise an emergency stop to get the feel of ABS.

Got a feeling you, ll have loads of advice about this system.?
 
Thread starter
Mick..methinks by the smilie he knows what it is, but he doesn't have it and doesn't feel it's needed.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Mick..methinks by the smilie he knows what it is, but he doesn't have it and doesn't feel it's needed.
In my case, since I will have a sidecar and have a much better chance if remaining upright, I think I can live without it too. :celebrate:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Mick..methinks by the smilie he knows what it is, but he doesn't have it and doesn't feel it's needed.
Ha, got me there, it was early in the morning and I, d only had one cup of tea....
 
davidsargee_imp said:
What is ABS? :D
ABS... what I don't work on with my weight machine.
ABS... prevents the cool rear wheel skid a foot from your friends :thumbsup: (before you high-side and take them out like bowling pins)
 
Thread starter
Mick65_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Mick..methinks by the smilie he knows what it is, but he doesn't have it and doesn't feel it's needed.
Ha, got me there, it was early in the morning and I, d only had one cup of tea....
Making my second cup of the morning as I type.

howlindaug_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
What is ABS? :D
ABS... what I don't work on with my weight machine.
ABS... prevents the cool rear wheel skid a foot from your friends :thumbsup: (before you high-side and take them out like bowling pins)
ABS... what I don't work on with my weight machine.
ABS... prevents the cool rear wheel skid a foot from your friends :thumbsup: (before you high-side and take them out like bowling pins)
Geez I almost did that once in North Carolina riding with my son, nephew and 3 Canadian friends of my nephew I had never ridden with before. I was following a couple of the Canadians when a dog appeared about 20 yards off the side of the road. He was far enough away that i assumed everyone was just going to keep on going, but the Canadians in front of me slammed on their abs equipped Beemers and stopped, just as I accelerated. Damn...slam on my non abs equipped Triumph brake, do the back end kick out slide, and right before smacking into the back of them I let off the rear brake and gassed it hard which shot me out to the left and around them. It was close. If I have stayed on the brakes I'd have bowling pinned them. Of course my son and nephew that I normally ride with had just kept on going when they saw the dog like we would normally have done. Riding with strangers... :dodgy: should have known better
 
This is a morning for stirring up memories. Must be the tea or something. I've just finished the first cup and heading for the second.

When I was a young bloke, a mate had a Vespa scooter. We were off riding one day and pulled into a shope/garage where there was a bit of gravel. My mate came in too fast and locked the back wheel trying to stop. He skidded across the car park and hit the fence, gently, but enough to bounce him back. Somehow he had the presence of mind to flip down the centre stand. The Vespa popped onto it and he climbed off and walked away as if he'd planned the whole escapade.
 
Back
Top