Its official 2014 CB 1100's for US

Rboe_imp said:
Talked to a local Honda salesman at the Motorcycle Show today and he said they had two WHITE ones at their Tucson dealer. Anyone hear of white tanks hitting the USA?
Interesting. I wonder if he is confusing a non-current CB1000R with a CB1100?
 
Rboe_imp said:
Talked to a local Honda salesman at the Motorcycle Show today and he said they had two WHITE ones at their Tucson dealer. Anyone hear of white tanks hitting the USA?
He's full of crap. 99% of what motor vehicle sales people say is a complete and utter lie.
 
I don't think I'd go quite that far, I've been wrong enough times (it's a shocker I know!) that I'd at least like to verify instead of writing him off. But I also think the chance of him being right is very slim.
 
I much prefer the looks '13 over the '14 but still a great looking bike in either form. Spoked wheels, unless the tubeless type, are a deal breaker for me. I've sat on too many roadsides in years past pulling and patching tubes to ever want to go there again. Spokes do look nice, especially after spending a couple hours cleaning them. I'm just happy that Honda has seen fit to continue this model in the US market.
 
I've been gone for a while and I hope some of you might be able to answer some questions about the new black standard model. Concerning the tank, side panels, engine and wheels, does anyone know where and if flat black, semi-flat or gloss black is going to be used? I'm hoping the tank at least will be gloss. It makes a difference because a black sidecar is going to be married to it.
 
I wonder if the 14 with the bigger tank will have a better gas gauge than the 13 since we don't know what each bar represents...



Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4.2.5 - non pro version.
 
thumper_imp said:
Ferret's post #47 on page 5 has a picture of the black model.
From the picture, the tank and panels look gloss to me (am I seeing it right?) but it's kind of hard to tell on the wheels and engine. Do they look the same to you?
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Ferret's post #47 on page 5 has a picture of the black model.
From the picture, the tank and panels look gloss to me (am I seeing it right?) but it's kind of hard to tell on the wheels and engine. Do they look the same to you?
From the picture, the tank and panels look gloss to me (am I seeing it right?) but it's kind of hard to tell on the wheels and engine. Do they look the same to you?
Everything looks gloss to me. My dealer showed me the same picture (I put it on page 3--straight from a Honda website). I've never heard anyone mention the color as being "matte."
 
thumper_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Ferret's post #47 on page 5 has a picture of the black model.
From the picture, the tank and panels look gloss to me (am I seeing it right?) but it's kind of hard to tell on the wheels and engine. Do they look the same to you?
From the picture, the tank and panels look gloss to me (am I seeing it right?) but it's kind of hard to tell on the wheels and engine. Do they look the same to you?
Everything looks gloss to me. My dealer showed me the same picture (I put it on page 3--straight from a Honda website). I've never heard anyone mention the color as being "matte."
From the picture, the tank and panels look gloss to me (am I seeing it right?) but it's kind of hard to tell on the wheels and engine. Do they look the same to you?
Everything looks gloss to me. My dealer showed me the same picture (I put it on page 3--straight from a Honda website). I've never heard anyone mention the color as being "matte."
Cool! That's what I was hoping was the consensus. I'm glad I waited. I'll be getting one. I am considering getting the wheels powder coated but I'll wait and see. I may love it all black.
 
dBuster_imp said:
I wonder if the 14 with the bigger tank will have a better gas gauge than the 13 since we don't know what each bar represents...



Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4.2.5 - non pro version.
According to this source it will come with a fuel computer that calculates fuel consumption and range. If that is not cool I don't know what is :-)
2014 Honda CB1100 Announced

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
 
Thread starter
Someone asked about accessories and I found this list online for the eu version EX

4. Accessories

A range of CB1100 EX Honda Genuine Accessories are available including:

Heated grips
Rear rack
Front fork adjuster bolt (gold or red)
Chrome Meter cover
Meter panel (gold or silver)
Headlight case
A chrome shroud for the distinctive single headlight reflecting the quality and individuality of a classic style re-imagined.
Chrome engine guard
Chrome rear grip
New chrome rear carrier
Chrome look side panels

Honda Assurance
Honda Genuine Accessories are developed alongside the model. They are all subject to Honda’s rigorous testing procedures and are offered with a two-year Honda warranty.
Buffalohead..the color is called Graphite Black ... Not sure if that is gloss or not. Having a hard time finding a real good well lit photo of it. From the pictures I have been able to find it doesn't look real glossy.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Someone asked about accessories and I found this list online for the eu version EX

4. Accessories

A range of CB1100 EX Honda Genuine Accessories are available including:

Heated grips
Rear rack
Front fork adjuster bolt (gold or red)
Chrome Meter cover
Meter panel (gold or silver)
Headlight case
A chrome shroud for the distinctive single headlight reflecting the quality and individuality of a classic style re-imagined.
Chrome engine guard
Chrome rear grip
New chrome rear carrier
Chrome look side panels

Honda Assurance
Honda Genuine Accessories are developed alongside the model. They are all subject to Honda’s rigorous testing procedures and are offered with a two-year Honda warranty.
Buffalohead..the color is called Graphite Black ... Not sure if that is gloss or not. Having a hard time finding a real good well lit photo of it. From the pictures I have been able to find it doesn't look real glossy.
Thanks Ferret, that's kinda what I figured. It's hard to tell from the photos. It could be close enough for my sidecar to look good attached to it.
 
I was quoted about £375 (620 dollars)) for that rear rack, now that in my book was a crazy price, the chrome Givi rack looks brilliant and was £177.
 
Mick65_imp said:
I was quoted about £375 (620 dollars)) for that rear rack, now that in my book was a crazy price, the chrome Givi rack looks brilliant and was £177.
Wow! That's even more ridiculous than the AUD$450 (USD$393) I was quoted.:huh:
 
Back
Top