Its official 2014 CB 1100's for US

I put a deposit on a Deluxe (CB1100ASE) down this morning at a local dealer. He didn't have a ton of details about the Deluxe but knows for a fact that it will be Candy Red with 4 into 2 exhaust, 6-speed transmission, mag wheels, pillow top seat, ABS with an MSRP of $11,899. He's going to send me more details as they come in.
 
I've never understood why you can "order" a car in one of ten different colors and not a motorcycle. Especially since bikes are assembled by the dealers. On the CB it's the tank and a couple side covers. Big deal. For the money that is spent on these bikes (which it sounds like it will be north of $11000 fellow should be able to have it in at least 6 different colors or so says I. :D

I might add $11899.00 is pile of money for that motorcycle. Worth it? That's a personal decision but you certainly should be able to pick your color for that kind of money. For a couple K more you could buy a car and you certainly would be able to pick colors on any car. Come on Honda lets be reasonable.
 
Bubblerboy, I assume it has something to do with the fact that A LOT more cars are sold than motorcycles. The logistics of having many color options available when any given dealer only sells a handful of a specific model are more than the industry is willing to deal with. Maybe?
 
Scale. Works both ways so I'm a bit shocked that we get a bike like the CB for only $10k or so. If they sold as many bikes as they do cars it would be a lot cheaper, and we'd have more choices.
 
Thread starter
Well my trip down to the dealer was a bust. He could not find the picture of the CB1100 deluxe he saw on Hondas dealer website yesterday, but promised me he would keep looking and call me. He ordered 1 black 2014 standard and 1 red 2014 deluxe. Due in, in March. He also has (2) 2013s on order, so there must be some left overs.

He said the blk std is all black .... tank, sidecovers, motor incl engine covers, fenders, lower forks, turn signals, bar ends and mag wheels

He also reiterated the Deluxe also had mag wheels
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well my trip down to the dealer was a bust. He could not find the picture of the CB1100 deluxe he saw on Hondas dealer website yesterday, but promised me he would keep looking and call me. He ordered 1 black 2014 standard and 1 red 2014 deluxe. Due in, in March. He also has (2) 2013s on order, so there must be some left overs.

He said the blk std is all black .... tank, sidecovers, motor incl engine covers, fenders, lower forks, turn signals, bar ends and mag wheels

He also reiterated the Deluxe also had mag wheels
Wow, that could be to much black,
 
Personally I'd rather have the 2013 based on looks alone. To me, the 2013 looks properly proportioned, and likely how the original designers intended the bike to look. I can't get over how weird the larger tank looks on the 2014 model. I assume they put it on there to appease buyers who wanted more range, but in the process they've ignored some of the aesthetics of the bike.
 
I do not find the larger tank ugly and I would welcome the extended range. Like most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 
I know there are a lot more cars sold as compared to motorcycles. That being said for the money spent and the fact that most painted parts are 'screwed' on it only seems reasonable to me to expect a better selection of colors especially for the higher priced bikes. If you're talking about a scooter that costs a couple grand I'll accept the color limits but it burns me a bit to think that on this close to $12K bike a fellow can't pick from at least a couple colors and wheel types. Not to bring up bad words but HARLEY does it.

I guess paint is an option given the fact that the parts are available or custom work can be done. (for even more money)

$12,000 seems like a lot of money for this motorcycle maybe that's my point. I've got a 2013 with less then a thousand miles on it. IF I could buy a 2014 in red with spoked wheels the six speed trans, abs and the dual exhaust I'd be tempted. Can you imagine the beating I'd take on that deal and then they are going to tell be I have to buy a white one or none.
Not going to earn my business with those restrictions.
 
thumper_imp said:
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
Hey Thumper,

That looks like a picture taken of a browser. Any idea where that site is (I didn't find it on the American Honda site)?. The pic seems to have interesting info below it. Like the standard U.S. model will not have ABS available. I wonder if the deluxe model will have a brake choice, or if it will be ABS only.

I, for one, am keeping my 2013. I love it. While I like the larger tank and the new side panels of the Deluxe/EX. It's not enough to make me dump mine for a new one. I was about to pull the trigger and order red side panels for my 2013. Now I think I'll wait and see if the '14 Deluxe/EX panels will fit my '13. I like their more classic shape.
 
I especially like the side panels on the 14s but really I like the red color better than black. I am just glad they are going to make them for another year.
 
Glad to see it coming back for 2014. I wanted black but as earlier posted here, that black is almost too much black. Silver engine and wheels would have been nice. Will have to see what else is posted later.
 
So my two cents

Too much black!

No spoked wheels, bad on Honda.

If they offered, blue, white, black in Australia, a small market, then they could offer USA color options, and wheel options. I honestly would not care if it took 3 to 6 months to arrive. It is not a point of purchase item for me. Oh the engine color should be an option as they obviously make both.

The reality is they are in control, not us the consumer.

At least it is not lime green.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Flynrider_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
Hey Thumper,

That looks like a picture taken of a browser. Any idea where that site is (I didn't find it on the American Honda site)?. The pic seems to have interesting info below it. Like the standard U.S. model will not have ABS available. I wonder if the deluxe model will have a brake choice, or if it will be ABS only.

I, for one, am keeping my 2013. I love it. While I like the larger tank and the new side panels of the Deluxe/EX. It's not enough to make me dump mine for a new one. I was about to pull the trigger and order red side panels for my 2013. Now I think I'll wait and see if the '14 Deluxe/EX panels will fit my '13. I like their more classic shape.
My dealer sent me that picture from his computer.

I'd guess that website isn't available to us mere mortals. :D
Flynrider_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
Hey Thumper,

That looks like a picture taken of a browser. Any idea where that site is (I didn't find it on the American Honda site)?. The pic seems to have interesting info below it. Like the standard U.S. model will not have ABS available. I wonder if the deluxe model will have a brake choice, or if it will be ABS only.

I, for one, am keeping my 2013. I love it. While I like the larger tank and the new side panels of the Deluxe/EX. It's not enough to make me dump mine for a new one. I was about to pull the trigger and order red side panels for my 2013. Now I think I'll wait and see if the '14 Deluxe/EX panels will fit my '13. I like their more classic shape.
My dealer sent me that picture from his computer.

I'd guess that website isn't available to us mere mortals. :D
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I especially like the side panels on the 14s but really I like the red color better than black. I am just glad they are going to make them for another year.
Indeed.

I'm extremely glad that Honda is going to continue selling the CB1100 here in the States. I'm looking forward to reading about others' experiences with the new models. Variety being the spice of life and all that, they're bound to make things even more interesting around here.

As long as I have my 2013 (Gen 1?), all is good!
 
ingobohn_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Here's the black version



As you can see from the text at the bottom of the screen, ABS will not be available on the standard (black) model.
Strange, the sub text indicates that the "European model is shown". But at least it is not identical to my black (German) CB 1100! For example, my black CB 1100 has no black ally rims but silver alloy rims, and my turn signal bodies are silver, finally my CB 1100 has no orange reflectors at each side of the front fork. (Maybe there are some more differences but the pic is so small.)
Cormanus_imp said:
Joola_imp said:

I don't see anything wrong with that. :beerchug:
Cormanus_imp said:
bighurt35_imp said:
Interesting. The bike in that video also had some new grey buttons on the left and right hand sides. The left hand one is probably a relocated horn button and the right a switch for hazard lights maybe.

It looks lovely.
Exactly right. At 1080 and full screen you can make out the symbols. Click the image to see full size. Not sure I care for the light gray color but I wouldn't mind that relocated horn.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/QODiKWN.jpg]
It's interesting that the little things make you want to change. I'm really happy with my 2011 CB1100, but the offer of a gear indicator, hazard lights and a sixth gear makes you feel there's something missing on your bike.
Hazard lights were already available for CB 1100 2013 model:

Hazard lights were already available for CB 1100 2013 model:
Interesting. Not on the 2011 model I have in Australia.
 
Back
Top