Its a crap shoot with this Bike

CIP57_imp said:
grover_imp said:
lagoje_imp said:
I have a buzz that comes through the grips between 3800 and 4200 rpms that numbs my hands. I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary, so I took it to the dealer and asked them to check and see if anything needs to be re-torqued.

I am still under 1,000 miles as I don't have as much time ride as I'd like, so hoping it will smooth out as I get some more miles on it.

Next I'll try some new grips and maybe some risers to see if that helps.


Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
LOL - brilliant!

Let us know how your grip change goes. I just ordered a set of Pro Grip 719's at the recommendation of several folks on here. I'm experiencing some numbness in my right hand after pounding the super slab at 75+ mph for 45 minutes or so, but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off.

I'll probably get a windscreen/cowl at some point to address the wind, but I figured I'd give the $15 grips a try first.

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off. :rofl:
get yourself some protection Grover.
but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off. :rofl:
get yourself some protection Grover.
Come onnnnn, wind.
 
Thread starter
Deanohh_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
grover_imp said:
lagoje_imp said:
I have a buzz that comes through the grips between 3800 and 4200 rpms that numbs my hands. I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary, so I took it to the dealer and asked them to check and see if anything needs to be re-torqued.

I am still under 1,000 miles as I don't have as much time ride as I'd like, so hoping it will smooth out as I get some more miles on it.

Next I'll try some new grips and maybe some risers to see if that helps.


Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
LOL - brilliant!

Let us know how your grip change goes. I just ordered a set of Pro Grip 719's at the recommendation of several folks on here. I'm experiencing some numbness in my right hand after pounding the super slab at 75+ mph for 45 minutes or so, but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off.

I'll probably get a windscreen/cowl at some point to address the wind, but I figured I'd give the $15 grips a try first.

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off. :rofl:
get yourself some protection Grover.
but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off. :rofl:
get yourself some protection Grover.
Come onnnnn, wind.
but I think this has more to do with how tightly I'm gripping the throttle to avoid getting blown off. :rofl:
get yourself some protection Grover.
Come onnnnn, wind.
as your nicely tucked behind that FJR adjustable fairing and screen:thumbsup:
 
lagoje_imp said:
I have a buzz that comes through the grips between 3800 and 4200 rpms that numbs my hands. I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary, so I took it to the dealer and asked them to check and see if anything needs to be re-torqued.

I am still under 1,000 miles as I don't have as much time ride as I'd like, so hoping it will smooth out as I get some more miles on it.

Next I'll try some new grips and maybe some risers to see if that helps.


Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Load "*",8,1
 
Django_imp said:
Hm, I knew this numb feeling in the hands from my BMW K 1100. It was also a 4-cylinder, but run much rougher than the CB. So, coming from this direction, the CB runs very smooth to me.


This message was signaled with a flashlight into the open end of a fiber.
Everyone is engrossed with the Commodore 64 that you all missed this one?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :worship: :thumbsup: :D :banana: :celebrate: :rofl:
 
Didn't show up on my Commodore 64. :)
 
I still have an Atari 800 stored away.
 
I haven't had any vibs from mine to speak of. They do have handlebar weights to add for reducing that. Change your handgrips to thick ones and that will help reduce vibration. I had that issue on an old V65. Who doesn't drive there bike above 3000 rpms? You need to take it up into the rpms on occasion to keep the carbon burned out and let the engine work. This bike is a kitten, my little Honda V30/VF500 Magna red lines at 11500 to 12000. It loves getting up there on occasion!!
 
DGShannon_imp said:
lagoje_imp said:
I have a buzz that comes through the grips between 3800 and 4200 rpms that numbs my hands. I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary, so I took it to the dealer and asked them to check and see if anything needs to be re-torqued.

I am still under 1,000 miles as I don't have as much time ride as I'd like, so hoping it will smooth out as I get some more miles on it.

Next I'll try some new grips and maybe some risers to see if that helps.


Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Load "*",8,1
Load "*",8,1

I must have typed that code a million times! I think I'll go check and see if any of those 8" floppy's up in the attic still boot up.

Wish me luck.
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
lagoje_imp said:
I have a buzz that comes through the grips between 3800 and 4200 rpms that numbs my hands. I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary, so I took it to the dealer and asked them to check and see if anything needs to be re-torqued.

I am still under 1,000 miles as I don't have as much time ride as I'd like, so hoping it will smooth out as I get some more miles on it.

Next I'll try some new grips and maybe some risers to see if that helps.


Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Load "*",8,1
Load "*",8,1

I must have typed that code a million times! I think I'll go check and see if any of those 8" floppy's up in the attic still boot up.

Wish me luck.
I must have typed that code a million times!
Wondered if any old users would key in on what that was!
 
I'm sure there are some here who revere the old Commodore and Vic 20's. They probably have Citizen band radio, 8 Track and quite possibly a retro bike stashed somewhere too.

Incidentally I did try my old Commodore. I think all the floppies are demagnetized because none would boot up. I'll bury it at the cabin and have a small funeral. :sleepy:
 
Retro? Yup. An 82 Yamaha xz550 sitting in pieces beside my CB 1100. I also have betamax tapes and an Apple IIE. Groovy.

Hey, are we Groovy? CB Riders have to be groovy, cool beans and groovy. Remind me to have Tam bring a lava lamp and black light when she follows me to the IronHorse posse in May.
 
Gee. We could have a bike and ancient computer rally. I think one of my children still has my first computer, a Commodore Amiga 1000. What a pity they didn't catch on. They were superior creatures.

But like the CB1100, I fear.
 
I've got an Atari 800 stashed away.
 
NightRider_imp said:
Retro? Yup. An 82 Yamaha xz550 sitting in pieces beside my CB 1100. I also have betamax tapes and an Apple IIE. Groovy.

Hey, are we Groovy? CB Riders have to be groovy, cool beans and groovy. Remind me to have Tam bring a lava lamp and black light when she follows me to the IronHorse posse in May.
I'll bring my Rob Crumb and Peter Max posters just to spruce up the event!
 
CB FAN, since you are from New Jersey it would be interesting to know were you went to school for your mechanic's license (A&P). I attended Teterboro School of Aeronautics at Teterboro Airport. Started in Dec. of 1981 and graduated in Sept. of 83. Moved to Florida in October of that year riding my CB 750 from Newark to Miami. I was active from 1983 to 2013 now I'm retired. Would like to know were you worked and were you've been in your career.

Hiram E. Varona
 
Back
Top