Italian QD Exhaust for the CB1100

I do think the QD sounds better than the Emgo, but my problem is, no exhaust has really "grabbed me". I've listened to I think everything that's available out there. I'm thinking that an inline 4 just isn't going to sound like I'm wanting it to sound. Unless they sound a lot better in person than on a sound clip....?
 
My video sounds almost exactly like the bike in person. It's quite "gargly" if you know what I mean. But it's in my garage so sounds is bouncing around a bit
 
mgoodie_imp said:
My video sounds almost exactly like the bike in person. It's quite "gargly" if you know what I mean. But it's in my garage so sounds is bouncing around a bit
Did the EMGO bolt right up or did you fabricate a connector pipe, and what inlet diameter did you select?
 
Bolted right up it. It sticks out to the side a bit more than stock but for a cheap pipe that looks good and sounds good it perfect and for the price if you don't like it, it doesn't break the bank
 
mgoodie_imp said:
Bolted right up it. It sticks out to the side a bit more than stock but for a cheap pipe that looks good and sounds good it perfect and for the price if you don't like it, it doesn't break the bank
Do you have part # ?
 
Thread starter
mgoodie_imp said:
Bolted right up it. It sticks out to the side a bit more than stock but for a cheap pipe that looks good and sounds good it perfect and for the price if you don't like it, it doesn't break the bank
Really? I have been considering one, but based upon the comments of another member, that used one, it required an angle pipe. They used a leftover piece from a Yamaha kit they already had.

Can you post some photos, that show us the angle? The video doesn't capture it too well.
 
Someone posted a video of the bike running with no muffler; just the headers and collector with the cat. Sounded pretty subdued.

So with the Cat installed, after market cans are not going to sound like Kerkers or Jardines of days old.

My take on the video: as the camera pulled away, at first it looked like the tank was the same color as the '82 GS1100E, that weird gold/silver color Suzuki used. I'm thinking; dang, that color looks great on the CB!! :)
 
Back
Top