Is this VIN number, correct or wrong?

gsmman_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi gents, i have bought a CB1100 red, 4 engines to 2 exhausts, however the VIN is just simple
SC65-1303708
Is there any version of CB1100 which has this VIN number?
Thanks a lot.
 
I believe vins have 17 digits. Does yours not? or did you leave some out above?

Your bio says Capuchia. Is that Cambodia? Maybe vins are different there?
 
Thread starter
Thanks for your response and correction.
May be I was wrong, that is not VIN number, but it has been hard stamped on the neck frame.
Frame number: SC65-*******
Engine number: SC65E-*******
The number on the frame (under seat) is CB1100SAE.
Where can I find the VIN on the frame?
Thanks
 
Welcome to the Forum gsmman.

VIN numbers are supposed to be stamped on the right or left side of the steering head. Some may affix a plate, others may use a sticker label.
 
The 17-digit VIN is, I think, a largely global phenomenon, although not the same in all countries.

gsmman, the VIN will begin JH2SC65 …
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Welcome to the Forum gsmman.

VIN numbers are supposed to be stamped on the right or left side of the steering head. Some may affix a plate, others may use a sticker label.
The below Number is stamped on the right of the steering head
 
Have a look on the left side of the bike. On the frame, near the rider’s foot peg and the gear lever, you may see a black tag riveted to the frame. If so, it will contain the VIN.

You can see the top of it in this picture.

 
Thread starter
Thank you bro, my bike frame has not have any stamp on both side.
Any advice appreciate...
Thanks a lot
 
You’re in Cambodia? I can’t find out easily whether they use a 17 digit VIN there. Maybe not.
 
A "short version" of the VIN? I thought those disappeared ages ago.

Maybe some jurisdictions have different requirements, or the requirement is to be different - or to not change with the rest of the world?
 
VIN is a VIN, a 17 character number… or is not a VIN , fraudulent or missing, ????
 
Au₂O₃ is right: each country makes its own decision about VINs. They get to decide whether to have them and what form they take. Most of the countries from which members of this forum are drawn have adopted the 17-digit variety.

Cambodia may well require them; I couldn’t find out from a quick search.
 
gsmman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Welcome to the Forum gsmman.

VIN numbers are supposed to be stamped on the right or left side of the steering head. Some may affix a plate, others may use a sticker label.
The below Number is stamped on the right of the steering head
The below Number is stamped on the right of the steering head
Very off-topic: while looking at the above picture of the steering head area I was thinking that those welds do not look impressive. However when I then took a quick look at my own bike I had to admit that mine look just as messy and amateurish!! The Honda factory did a lousy job there! :s
 
bioman_imp said:
gsmman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Welcome to the Forum gsmman.

VIN numbers are supposed to be stamped on the right or left side of the steering head. Some may affix a plate, others may use a sticker label.
The below Number is stamped on the right of the steering head
The below Number is stamped on the right of the steering head
Very off-topic: while looking at the above picture of the steering head area I was thinking that those welds do not look impressive. However when I then took a quick look at my own bike I had to admit that mine look just as messy and amateurish!! The Honda factory did a lousy job there! :s


If you think those look bad- you should see the welds on the high dollar Pipemasters "WORLD CLASS" 4-4 I bought last year- looks like a 2 year old toddler took an empty mostly empty tube of toothpaste and squeezed out what was left with no care as to where or how it went or what happened afterward.

Absolutely shameful PIZZ POOR quality. The guy tried to grind down the worst welds before chrome- no care to seeing gaps and holes left unsealed.

Won 't last more than a few years once in the weather.

Might even be questionable before even I even install it, although sitting in my air conditioned / heated basement.

A blind monkey could do better.

Shameful on him- and if he sees this- he shouldn't be upset at me- but at himself and make it right.
 
Back
Top