Is there a F-model kit similar to Whitehorse?

pearsonm_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys. I'm a tall, dorky, middle-aged guy looking for a sporty afternoon cruiser. Years ago I picked up a '78 CB750F for no other reason than I liked how it looked. It was all stock except for a MAC header. It sounded like WWII on wheels (in another word - awesome).

That was my first foray into dissecting carburetors. It didn't go well. The brakes also sucked, as in for the first time ever I was afraid to be on a motorcycle. Despite all that and our short time together I still have fond memories of the bike.

I'd like a modern version of that bike. Once I get past the 1100 vs. 750 thing and squint my eyes I can almost see my old 750F in the CB1100, except for the tail. Instead of a chrome fender and odd protruding tail lamp it had a sleek café piece that swung open like a guitar case.

Does anybody possibly make an F tail section? I'm guessing not but I thought I'd ask.

And while I'm asking questions, is there an exhaust for the CB1100 that comes close to the MAC I had on my old 750? God that thing was magical. People would literally stop what they were doing to watch that bike scream past!
 
Yeah, seems like all the cool stuff for our bikes is expensive (except for RLETS :P) and has to be ordered from Japan.

Sorry I can't help with mufflers. I don't even know what a MAC is.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yeah, seems like all the cool stuff for our bikes is expensive (except for RLETS :P) and has to be ordered from Japan.

Sorry I can't help with mufflers. I don't even know what a MAC is.
Here's a picture. It's one of those things you have to see and hear in person. Nothing sounds like an uncorked, air-cooled, 4-cylinder.
 
Looks pretty cool. There are a lot of members who know exhaust system on the board. Maybe they will chime in with some similar systems. And I'm sure they are all expensive :)
 
pearsonm_imp said:
$791.00 for a MIZ kit, ugh! But that answers my question - it has been done. :thanks:
More than once. I suppose if you had enough money, the folks at AIP Speed would build you one of these :P

03daa09934f1c42970b0ef24572f2227.jpg
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
pearsonm_imp said:
$791.00 for a MIZ kit, ugh! But that answers my question - it has been done. :thanks:
More than once. I suppose if you had enough money, the folks at AIP Speed would build you one of these :P

03daa09934f1c42970b0ef24572f2227.jpg
I don't care what era you grew up in, how can anyone look at that and not want to ride it? Google search AC Sanctuary to see what they're building in Japan. If ever I win the lottery I'm going to blow it on a bike like that and a crap load of track time.
 
Pearsonm, have you looked at samurider Mr T. is starting to sell Ryujin's paint schemes. I did get one back in January, the finish is flawless. My liking is the red white cb1100f paint scheme of 1983.
 
Thread starter
rusty1_imp said:
Pearsonm, have you looked at samurider Mr T. is starting to sell Ryujin's paint schemes. I did get one back in January, the finish is flawless. My liking is the red white cb1100f paint scheme of 1983.
I cruise their website frequently and curse the Yen to Dollar conversion. :@
 
pearsonm_imp said:
rusty1_imp said:
Pearsonm, have you looked at samurider Mr T. is starting to sell Ryujin's paint schemes. I did get one back in January, the finish is flawless. My liking is the red white cb1100f paint scheme of 1983.
I cruise their website frequently and curse the Yen to Dollar conversion. :@
The conversion rate is pretty good right now. Last year when I bought it was 100 yen to the $. Now it's 120. That's a 20% discount.
 
Back
Top