Iron Horses

Mike_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just pulled the collection of beauties together in one spot after the long winter. I find I am having an embarrassment of riches. How can I justify this hobby to my wife? Well, my wife's father had a very messy collection of real horses that took an awful lot of work. I tell her these are my horses...my "iron horses". They don't take up much space, or make a lot of noise, I don't have to clean up after them and they don't smell funny. She gets it.
 
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Really nice!
 
Just think of how good it feels to ogle that beautiful line-up, Mike. The zen- like peace it brings you, even when not riding. Gas is cheaper than hay. And hanging out in your garage is healthier than hanging out in bars. Just call me the rationalizer....
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
Just think of how good it feels to ogle that beautiful line-up, Mike. The zen- like peace it brings you, even when not riding. Gas is cheaper than hay. And hanging out in your garage is healthier than hanging out in bars. Just call me the rationalizer....
Exactly right my friend. Around 5 o'clock or so I just sit with a cold beverage and marvel at the beauty of them all. Thinking about how far I've come since the CL450 I bought at age 18 (I'll be the big 60 next Wednesday). To be able to afford that little beauty I quit the HS basketball team and pumped gas all winter to save up the $800 by Spring. That one is especially symbolic. I call it my "freedom Machine."
 
I think its really cool that you kept that 450 all these years. Really cool.
 
OK you boys are forcing my hand pictures to follow in the next day or two.

Still too stinking cold to ride but I can organize the collection and post a picture or two.

Maybe tomorrow.
 
Lake Geneva! Sweet! That is where I bought my CB11
I need to get over there and visit my bud Sherm
He will prolly try to sell me another bike

Nice collection sir!
 
Thanks for sharing that picture, Mike. Lovely collection indeed.

Tell me, do you ever suffer paralysis trying to work out which one to ride?
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
although why 2 Nighthawks?
Yes, why? Why indeed. One for each eyeball I guess!
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks for sharing that picture, Mike. Lovely collection indeed.

Tell me, do you ever suffer paralysis trying to work out which one to ride?
Yes. But it's a good kind of paralysis. Eventually I get to all of them.
 
Mike_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
although why 2 Nighthawks?
Yes, why? Why indeed. One for each eyeball I guess!
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks for sharing that picture, Mike. Lovely collection indeed.

Tell me, do you ever suffer paralysis trying to work out which one to ride?
Yes. But it's a good kind of paralysis. Eventually I get to all of them.
Yes, why? Why indeed. One for each eyeball I guess!
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks for sharing that picture, Mike. Lovely collection indeed.

Tell me, do you ever suffer paralysis trying to work out which one to ride?
Yes. But it's a good kind of paralysis. Eventually I get to all of them. Paralysis of the wooden variety?....:clap:
 
Not only did you keep the CL450 all of these years, but it looks new! Awesome!

That bike is a blast from the past for me as well, I didn't have one, but I rode with a guy in my neighborhood that had one. I was on a Yamaha 175 enduro back then. My cousin was riding a CB350, we were some group. I kept up as long as they kept it down to 70 or less, I topped out around 73 mph back then. :D
 
Back
Top