Interesting question to ponder

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
In my research for the CB1100 history thread, I have come across multiple iterations of our CB 1100. It is apparent there are 7 main colors

Candy Alazarin Red, Candy Glory Red, Pearl Milky White, Black, Silver ( I've seen Indy Silver quoted), a deep dark blue, and a lighter blue called Pearl Spencer blue.

Some had tank stripes, some not.

Some tanks held 3.9 gals some 4.7 gals

There have been light silver side covers, dark silver side covers, Candy antares red side covers, and black side covers

There have been black side cover decals and raised chrome or gold side cover emblems

There have been 4 into 1 and 4 into 2 exhaust systems

There were black motors and silver motors

There were black wheels with polished edges, black wheels with black edges, silver wheels with polished edges and spoked wheels

There were 3 seats.. Low. Regular, and the cross stitched seat

There have been 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions

There have been std instruments and upgraded instruments with gear indicator and trip computer

There have been ABS and non ABS

Lets say Honda let you walk in and order your CB 1100 with any combo of colors and features you wanted ....

What would you choose or would have chosen differently than the bike you got?

For me, I love the motorcycle I ended up with ( 2014 Dlx) and the only possible change I might have wanted was a black tank without stripes and black side covers with raised chrome emblems on the side covers.(maybe I would have chosen spokes..I can't decide lol). I have always loved black and chrome motorcycles. Then again the red on my dlx is so pretty!

Anyhow..what would you pick and choose if you had been able?
 
Red 3.9 gallon tank with stripes
Black side covers with raised letters
Black wheeles with silver rims
Black motor
6 speed
ABS
Cross-stitched seat
Std instruments
4-1 exhaust

Orrrrrr
Black everything with ABS 6apeed and 4-1 exhaust.
 
It is interesting how Honda has "tinkered" with the CB1100. If I could cherry pick I'd take the 2014 Deluxe but would swap out these from the 2013.

Black engine treatment
Wheels
4 into 1 exhaust
turn signals

I'd also consider the Pearl White tank.
 
On my 2013 it would be nice to have-

Body color side covers

Polished aluminum sprocket cover

Updated instruments

Silver finish motor
 
Pearl Spencer blue is the dark blue color of my gas tank. See my avatar.
I'm pretty happy with my CB the way it is, but given a choice I think I would opt for a red gas tank and side covers - and twin mufflers only for the retro look.
 
Rocky you have the light blue and I have the dark blue. :D
 
The standard DLX configuration looks pretty good to me, although it would be a toss up whether I had it in red or black.
 
I love the red color of the US 2013 CB, only thing I would like to see is a small stock mudflaps, linked ABS on all models, and the old style emblems on the side covers that say CB1100 four.
 
gossman_imp said:
I love the red color of the US 2013 CB, only thing I would like to see is a small stock mudflaps, linked ABS on all models, and the old style emblems on the side covers that say CB1100 four.
This + 4:4 exhausts for me!! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The ferret_imp said:
In my research for the CB1100 history thread, I have come across multiple iterations of our CB 1100. It is apparent there are 7 main colors

Candy Alazarin Red, Candy Glory Red, Pearl Milky White, Black, Silver ( I've seen Indy Silver quoted), a deep dark blue, and a lighter blue called Pearl Spencer blue.

Some had tank stripes, some not.

Some tanks held 3.9 gals some 4.7 gals

There have been light silver side covers, dark silver side covers, Candy antares red side covers, and black side covers

There have been black side cover decals and raised chrome or gold side cover emblems

There have been 4 into 1 and 4 into 2 exhaust systems

There were black motors and silver motors

There were black wheels with polished edges, black wheels with black edges, silver wheels with polished edges and spoked wheels

There were 3 seats.. Low. Regular, and the cross stitched seat

There have been 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions

There have been std instruments and upgraded instruments with gear indicator and trip computer

There have been ABS and non ABS

Lets say Honda let you walk in and order your CB 1100 with any combo of colors and features you wanted ....

What would you choose or would have chosen differently than the bike you got?

For me, I love the motorcycle I ended up with ( 2014 Dlx) and the only possible change I might have wanted was a black tank without stripes and black side covers with raised chrome emblems on the side covers.(maybe I would have chosen spokes..I can't decide lol). I have always loved black and chrome motorcycles. Then again the red on my dlx is so pretty!

Anyhow..what would you pick and choose if you had been able?
I think you're referring to the '14 DLX/EX red color which is Candy Alazarin Red. Candy Antares Red is a bit lighter and was a popular Gold Wing color (among others).
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
In my research for the CB1100 history thread, I have come across multiple iterations of our CB 1100. It is apparent there are 7 main colors

Candy Alazarin Red, Candy Glory Red, Pearl Milky White, Black, Silver ( I've seen Indy Silver quoted), a deep dark blue, and a lighter blue called Pearl Spencer blue.

Some had tank stripes, some not.

Some tanks held 3.9 gals some 4.7 gals

There have been light silver side covers, dark silver side covers, Candy antares red side covers, and black side covers

There have been black side cover decals and raised chrome or gold side cover emblems

There have been 4 into 1 and 4 into 2 exhaust systems

There were black motors and silver motors

There were black wheels with polished edges, black wheels with black edges, silver wheels with polished edges and spoked wheels

There were 3 seats.. Low. Regular, and the cross stitched seat

There have been 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions

There have been std instruments and upgraded instruments with gear indicator and trip computer

There have been ABS and non ABS

Lets say Honda let you walk in and order your CB 1100 with any combo of colors and features you wanted ....

What would you choose or would have chosen differently than the bike you got?

For me, I love the motorcycle I ended up with ( 2014 Dlx) and the only possible change I might have wanted was a black tank without stripes and black side covers with raised chrome emblems on the side covers.(maybe I would have chosen spokes..I can't decide lol). I have always loved black and chrome motorcycles. Then again the red on my dlx is so pretty!

Anyhow..what would you pick and choose if you had been able?
I think you're referring to the '14 DLX/EX red color which is Candy Alazarin Red. Candy Antares Red is a bit lighter and was a popular Gold Wing color (among others).
I think you're referring to the '14 DLX/EX red color which is Candy Alazarin Red. Candy Antares Red is a bit lighter and was a popular Gold Wing color (among others).
Could be..all I could find with a quick search was candy red. Thought I remembered Antares. Could be very wrong lol.
 
Aside from the Staintune slip-on, the only visual deviation I've made to my 2013 model is to add the chrome instrument covers on the gauges. I've long pondered a set of OEM black side covers, but thus far have left the factory silver units in place. Maybe someday I'll order a set, then again, maybe I won't. I'm really happy with the bike the way it is.
 
I'm pretty happy with my 2014 Std, I would probably opt for ABS if that was an option, but like NASCAR I avoid anything but bone dry pavement so it's not a big deal.

If I could change anything....I just want the exhaust louder!

My 40 year old memory keeps yearning for that Z1 900 4-1 uncapped Kerker header sound. My CB750 4-4 with baffles out didn't sound bad, but I just remember that Z1 I rode a few times sounding the best.

I want it so loud I have to stay out of the gas just to keep it from getting too loud.

I ride for the sound...I told my wife, it's like playing a musical instrument for me.

I don't ride for long trips, I don't ride for scenery, I don't ride for the g-pulls...I just ride to go through the gears and hear that sound.

Just a few trips through the gears gives me the fix that last for a little while...but I still get "chills" every time I fire it up and hear that sound ;-)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
In my research for the CB1100 history thread, I have come across multiple iterations of our CB 1100. It is apparent there are 7 main colors

Candy Alazarin Red, Candy Glory Red, Pearl Milky White, Black, Silver ( I've seen Indy Silver quoted), a deep dark blue, and a lighter blue called Pearl Spencer blue.

Some had tank stripes, some not.

Some tanks held 3.9 gals some 4.7 gals

There have been light silver side covers, dark silver side covers, Candy antares red side covers, and black side covers

There have been black side cover decals and raised chrome or gold side cover emblems

There have been 4 into 1 and 4 into 2 exhaust systems

There were black motors and silver motors

There were black wheels with polished edges, black wheels with black edges, silver wheels with polished edges and spoked wheels

There were 3 seats.. Low. Regular, and the cross stitched seat

There have been 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions

There have been std instruments and upgraded instruments with gear indicator and trip computer

There have been ABS and non ABS

Lets say Honda let you walk in and order your CB 1100 with any combo of colors and features you wanted ....

What would you choose or would have chosen differently than the bike you got?

For me, I love the motorcycle I ended up with ( 2014 Dlx) and the only possible change I might have wanted was a black tank without stripes and black side covers with raised chrome emblems on the side covers.(maybe I would have chosen spokes..I can't decide lol). I have always loved black and chrome motorcycles. Then again the red on my dlx is so pretty!

Anyhow..what would you pick and choose if you had been able?
I think you're referring to the '14 DLX/EX red color which is Candy Alazarin Red. Candy Antares Red is a bit lighter and was a popular Gold Wing color (among others).
I think you're referring to the '14 DLX/EX red color which is Candy Alazarin Red. Candy Antares Red is a bit lighter and was a popular Gold Wing color (among others).
Could be..all I could find with a quick search was candy red. Thought I remembered Antares. Could be very wrong lol.
I think you're referring to the '14 DLX/EX red color which is Candy Alazarin Red. Candy Antares Red is a bit lighter and was a popular Gold Wing color (among others).
Could be..all I could find with a quick search was candy red. Thought I remembered Antares. Could be very wrong lol.
Colour Codes give the best indication of what is what. I believe my R-101 is Candy Glory Red.

This site might be useful in matching code to paint name:

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

Cheers
 
My white EX gas tank & side covers from Japan is called sunbeam white. Not milky white. I have it on one of my 14 deluxe models
With silver & blue stripe. Same size tank as my 14 deluxe. Same shape stripe just different color stripe
 
I love my std. colors and would keep it as is. I would choose the 4.7 gal. tank as the only change. I wish Honda had factory options like black anodized aluminum engine pieces to replace the plastic ones and a factory metal chain guard would be nice too.
 
I still find my '13's red color to be my most favorite, so I wouldn't change that. Would go for ABS and six speed, but not willing to spend $6K to upgrade to that now. Matching side covers and cafe seat, done that. I like to subtract weight rather than add, so 2 or 4 mufflers wouldn't be my choice, and I've got the Staintune, so very happy there. Bottom line, pretty happy as - is! But I still do question Honda's configuration choices by market.
 
Back
Top