Jan 20, 2019 #21 Django Road warrior Ton up boys: I wonder, how it comes, that `ton' is a synonym for 100 miles/hour? Any ideas?
Jan 20, 2019 #22 Cormanus Administrator Staff member Django, try this Ton - Wikipedia. Apparently in Britain 'ton' is used to mean 100 of anything. From the news at the end of a Two Ronnies program many, many years ago: "An elephant as just done a ton on the M1. Please drive carefully and treat as a roundabout."
Django, try this Ton - Wikipedia. Apparently in Britain 'ton' is used to mean 100 of anything. From the news at the end of a Two Ronnies program many, many years ago: "An elephant as just done a ton on the M1. Please drive carefully and treat as a roundabout."
Jan 23, 2019 #25 P Paris_imp Running like a top Voitus_imp said: Hi, Just watched this movie. Quite interesting. And one sentence at the end - "they had character, which is an euphemism for not being reliable". I guess taking away time, one had to spend with his bike repairing or modifying it, crippled the relationship in some way. Internet forum, even an interesting one, is not a substitute . Voitus Warsaw, Poland. Click to expand... I enjoyed that. For one thing, I never quite understood the Mods and the Rockers until watching that video. I suspect the division is even deeper than described.
Voitus_imp said: Hi, Just watched this movie. Quite interesting. And one sentence at the end - "they had character, which is an euphemism for not being reliable". I guess taking away time, one had to spend with his bike repairing or modifying it, crippled the relationship in some way. Internet forum, even an interesting one, is not a substitute . Voitus Warsaw, Poland. Click to expand... I enjoyed that. For one thing, I never quite understood the Mods and the Rockers until watching that video. I suspect the division is even deeper than described.