Voitus_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



Nortoon_imp said:I owned two BSA Lightnings. Bought a used 1996 model in 1967 for $700. Rode it for a year and then took it all apart to convert it into a Paul Dunstall style café racer. Had fun leaving the Bonneville and Commando riders behind in traffic light drag races. Sold it in 1972 to buy a the Kawasaki H2 Mach 4.
Bought a 1971 BSA Lightning in the late 70s for $700. It had been made into a quasi chopper. Took it all apart and restored it with genuine BSA parts. The factory paint scheme for that year was really UGLY, so I painted mine black.
One Sunday morning I ran into a touring club group at a local donut shop. None of them knew what it was. Went for an all day ride with them. They were surprized that I had no trouble keeping up. Joined the touring club the following year and sold the BSA for $1000 so I could buy a 1980 Yamaha XS1100G.
Learned a lot about motorcycle mechanics overhauling those two BSAs. Still have fond memories of riding them and listening to the exhaust note of those beautiful sounding twins.
Another movie you might like is ONE WEEK. It is about a young man in Toronto diagnosed with cancer that buys a Norton Commando and has heads out on the road west.

Of course, a bit stronger lens than last time. Should have new specs by next week.
I hope the CB1100 is a measure of proof. :celebrate:I'm with you, mate.southwend_imp said::biker:It reminds me of when the CB 1100 is reviewed as boring. I love boring. I don't miss the excitement of having my shifter vibrate off the bike so often I carry a vice grip in my pocket. Or the simple joy of running the bike and it's dead battery down the gravel road at 7 in the morning trying to drag that bike tire enough to start, not to mention the ongoing thrill of wondering just where that oil puddle came from. Yeah I like boring...a lot.

