Insurance issues

Allstate. had my '99 Yamaha and '94 BMW insured with them, liability only = $75 each for the year.
They could not quote the CB till we had the VIN for corporate. Full coverage w/ elevated liability & medical and $250/$350 deductible full replacement and uninsured/under insured = $287 a year.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
When I contacted GEICO, they quoted almost $3k a year. They thought it was a supersport. I spoke to the supervisor and asked her to look up the bike on the Honda site. She did, and then re-quoted it at $257 for the year.

Talk to your agent and make sure they classify the bike in the "cruiser" price range.
That's about what GEICO charged me last month for my '17EXD, adjusted for inflation.

One thought to keep in mind: in Virginia, as in many states I suspect, you are automatically insured by statute against an uninsured driver for the same amount of your liability coverage. That means if you carry 100/300 liability coverage, you can recover to those same limits if you are struck by an uninsured motorist. By statute, once again, a hit and run driver is presumed to be uninsured. This coverage turns out mostly to my benefit, since cars are a greater threat to me on a motorcycle than I will ever be to them.
 
Province of Ontario has something similar, yes. So called "no fault" insurance where your premium covers you no matter what. The issuing company will have to pursue the equalizing adjustment elsewhere (e.g. sue another insurance company, the state, etc.)
 
Never mind this thread is 5+ years old but might have some useful info. I’ve got MARKEL and pay les than $200 a year. Now this is with a $1000 deductible so it would be a bit higher once I lower the deductible.
 
lol yea Goldoxide has been visiting some old threads. Still there might be information important to some who weren't here 5 years ago.lol
 
Something funky about Allstate motorcycle insurance: because of deeper discounts when insuring *three* bikes it was actually cheaper when insuring three than when one of the three was sold and then maintaining insurance on the remaining *two*...
 
Guth_imp said:
I use State Farm and the bike isn't in their system yet either. They went out to Honda's website and looked at the bike along with some of Honda's other offerings of similar displacement. They came back with a rate of $302/yr. with $100/$250 deductibles (comp/coll).

I believe the CB1100 is in the systems of GEICO and Progressive as I looked into their online estimators a while back to try and get an idea of what I might expect to be paying.
This was my experience. I went 6 rounds with State Farm asking why my CB was in the same genre as a crotch rocket. Its crazy. The insurance on my CB 1100 is equal of that of my 2018 RT that costs X2 as the CB. Crazy.
 
Maybe myopic view by the insurance company. It used to be as soon as your ride crossed over into the liter-size territory, it was considered too fast. Obviously that is not the case with the tamed CB1100's 85 or so hp.
 
It may also be that Honda categorizes the CB1100 as a ‘sports’ bike in the USA.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It may also be that Honda categorizes the CB1100 as a ‘sports’ bike in the USA.
...or fat cat insurance companies deliberately categorized CB1100 as sports' bike to collect more premium = greed
 
Heck, isn't *any* vehicle insurance top premium for the Brampton region?

If I rode a lawnmower, they would find a way to charge insurance. ;)

(*sigh* I used to live in Mississauga, so I know about Peel County)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Heck, isn't *any* vehicle insurance top premium for the Brampton region?

If I rode a lawnmower, they would find a way to charge insurance. ;)

(*sigh* I used to live in Mississauga, so I know about Peel County)
even for grass trimmer or BBQ as well
 
You want to hear bizarre ... I have two Goldwings, mine and the wife's... and a 2004 CBR1000RR. I'm 56 years old. Have Progressive insurance. Bought the 2014 CB this year and called to add it to the insurance... the guy asked me do I really need the insurance that covers helmets, jackets, things carried on the bike, etc... I said, no you can drop it. So what will it cost to add the CB? He says, "nothing... in fact, Progressive will owe you back $1.81.... which I got as a check...... Just paid and renewed the year for all four bikes, $1900.

Years ago, when I lived in Florida, I paid $3000/year just for the CBR1000RR, can't remember what I was paying for the Goldwings, but I think I was paying close to $5000/yr for all three bikes together.
 
I suppose some of the few give back gifts one could expect while entering the "golden years", whenever that starts. Something more than free coffees!

That is good news DD.
 
I just got renewal notice for both cars, house and CB.
Both cars have 200K average and are 11 y old each. The value of both cars is up-to 6 grands, and 2019 premium for these is C$5280 = sic. :huh:
And now listen to this..
When I sold my '13 CB, I cancelled its insurance. Done/history.
This renewal notice concerns TWO :huh: 2014 CB I suppose to have; one premium = C$852 and the second one = C$1093....and both call for the same VIN, and were sent as separate notice :rofl::rofl:
...continue...
Las year, a friend of mine had bike accident and did not have any insurance for it, just fake slip for C$300/y if police would like to see it.
Next day, while in hospital, he was visited by two lawyers, who wanted to represent him (never called any!!!)...so finally he got $160 ticket, medical coverage including operation, drugs, medical equipment, etc... and snow removal from his driveway while recovering PLUS around C$100K...:@. NO, I am not jealous at all...
Questions:
* how the hell does this work for a person without insurance? (I know, everybody pays for NOT insured person, and every Canadian /permanent resident has provincial medical insurance, in Ontario it's called OHIP))
* should I follow and get fake insurance slip for C$300/y or only pay the lower premium of C$852?
* do you think, I should become liar,....sorry lawyer or politician??
:huh::huh::huh:
P.S. His own mother told him, he should go to jail not hospital...:(
 
Back
Top