LiveToRide_imp
Running like a top
$220 with progressive for 1 year 500 deductible no uninsured/under insured coverage
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That's about what GEICO charged me last month for my '17EXD, adjusted for inflation.The Spaceman_imp said:When I contacted GEICO, they quoted almost $3k a year. They thought it was a supersport. I spoke to the supervisor and asked her to look up the bike on the Honda site. She did, and then re-quoted it at $257 for the year.
Talk to your agent and make sure they classify the bike in the "cruiser" price range.
This was my experience. I went 6 rounds with State Farm asking why my CB was in the same genre as a crotch rocket. Its crazy. The insurance on my CB 1100 is equal of that of my 2018 RT that costs X2 as the CB. Crazy.Guth_imp said:I use State Farm and the bike isn't in their system yet either. They went out to Honda's website and looked at the bike along with some of Honda's other offerings of similar displacement. They came back with a rate of $302/yr. with $100/$250 deductibles (comp/coll).
I believe the CB1100 is in the systems of GEICO and Progressive as I looked into their online estimators a while back to try and get an idea of what I might expect to be paying.
...or fat cat insurance companies deliberately categorized CB1100 as sports' bike to collect more premium = greedCormanus_imp said:It may also be that Honda categorizes the CB1100 as a ‘sports’ bike in the USA.
Move into Brampton to experience it :huh:GoldOxide_imp said:Fortunately, I haven't seen that evidence in Canada.

even for grass trimmer or BBQ as wellGoldOxide_imp said:Heck, isn't *any* vehicle insurance top premium for the Brampton region?
If I rode a lawnmower, they would find a way to charge insurance.
(*sigh* I used to live in Mississauga, so I know about Peel County)
. NO, I am not jealous at all...