Installing Honda Type II bars...

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So I finally got around to swapping out my handlebars. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The left grip came off pretty easy with some WD40 and a long skinny screwdriver.
I'm just waiting on the hand grip cement I ordered online to reinstall the left hand grip and internal weights. I'll upload better pics of the finished product once it's completely done. I already like the feel of the lower bars better. It feels like it will give me better control with a slightly more forward position.

Before:


After:
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RobertB755/media/20160315_191057_zpspvokeezg.jpg.html]
 
Any chance you can snap a pic from the same angle as the first pic?

Are those type II bars lower? Look like it, but I'm having a hard time seeing it.

If they are lower, is there a Honda part number?

Thank you,

Brian
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
I thought the type 2 bars weren't compatible with the DLX? Lower bars + taller tank = contact.
The type II are fine. I'm running them now. I put them at full lock and they just barely clear, but they clear.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I thought the type 2 bars weren't compatible with the DLX? Lower bars + taller tank = contact.
The type II are fine. I'm running them now. I put them at full lock and they just barely clear, but they clear.
The type II are fine. I'm running them now.
Maybe is the CB500F bars so popular are what I am thinking about. Those are lower than the Type 2s
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I thought the type 2 bars weren't compatible with the DLX? Lower bars + taller tank = contact.
The type II are fine. I'm running them now. I put them at full lock and they just barely clear, but they clear.
The type II are fine. I'm running them now.
Maybe is the CB500F bars so popular are what I am thinking about. Those are lower than the Type 2s
The type II are fine. I'm running them now.
Maybe is the CB500F bars so popular are what I am thinking about. Those are lower than the Type 2s
Yes, probably.
 
Back
Top