Installed risers today

Bokobob_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Dealer installed these risers for one hour's labor today on my 2014 CB1100 standard. He rerouted one or more cables with no problems... So far I don't notice much difference in how I feel when riding the bike, but I can say they move the bars back 2" (not 1 3/8th as claimed in ad) and up about a half inch when measuring perpendicular from the ground up.

genmarmfg.com

I will be having the stock seat revamped by MeanCityCycles in Maiden NC one of these times...Close enough that I can do it on a ride-in basis. Risers cost about $115 shipped plus one hour's labor at $80.
I'll have more to say after a longer ride, and also after revamping the stock seat which I find uncomfy unless I sit very far forward...
When I sit at the rear of the rider's part of the seat I feel like I am sliding forward.
Stay tuned.
 
I'd be interested in hearing your after-ride report Bob...

And... maybe take a photo? Be interesting to see how they look on your bike.
 
Thread starter
quietguy_imp said:
I'd be interested in hearing your after-ride report Bob...

And... maybe take a photo? Be interesting to see how they look on your bike.
Well, if you go to the link I provided there is a photo of the risers on a suzuki or something like that....I actually thought it was a photo of the CB1100 until I looked real close. They look just like the photo on my bike except I have a windshield whose braces attach to the front two bolts of the risers. If I get a chance I'll take a photo and post it...
 
Thread starter
Carguy1959_imp said:
I lowered the back of my CB, 1.5 inches, shorter shocks. They helped with the sliding forward. I have also added a Corbin seat.
Good for you...Sounds smart.
 
Bokobob_imp said:
Carguy1959_imp said:
I lowered the back of my CB, 1.5 inches, shorter shocks. They helped with the sliding forward. I have also added a Corbin seat.
Good for you...Sounds smart.
Good for you...Sounds smart.
Hey Bob, what kind of lower shocks did you find for the CB?
 
I also have those on my 2013 CB. The cables are a bit tight but not binding anywhere. It gives a more upright and comfortable ride for me.
 
1100rider_imp said:
I also have those on my 2013 CB. The cables are a bit tight but not binding anywhere. It gives a more upright and comfortable ride for me.
Did you have to re-route any of the cables or wiring?
 
I purchased the shocks off eBay. They where $85 for the pair shipped. They aren't the high dollar Olhins that others have, but they work fine for me.
 
Back
Top