postoak_imp
Been there
Thread starter
The OEM grips have a circumference of 4 inches and are a little small for comfort. They're also hard, but the size was the main issue I had with them.
So, I ordered some Pro Grip 719s which is what The Ferret says he puts on all his bikes.
I've never had the bar end weights off before. It looked like the bolts had blue Threadlocker (high strength) on the threads, but I had no trouble getting them out. I put the new grips on with no problem and was interested to note that the bar ends lock into a particular position, so whoever said they should spin freely isn't correct.
The new grips have a circumference of 4 1/8" on the left and 4 1/4" on the right. I would have liked to have seen 4 1/4" on both sides but we'll see how these feel. The one on the right was also a little bit short -- I can see some of the white pvc grip underneath -- maybe as much as 3/16".
It would be nice if one could order grips by circumference, but I've looked at a few dozen grips and this dimension usually isn't given.
I put blue Threadlocker on the bar end weight bolts and will give it 24 hours for things to harden.
So, I ordered some Pro Grip 719s which is what The Ferret says he puts on all his bikes.
I've never had the bar end weights off before. It looked like the bolts had blue Threadlocker (high strength) on the threads, but I had no trouble getting them out. I put the new grips on with no problem and was interested to note that the bar ends lock into a particular position, so whoever said they should spin freely isn't correct.
The new grips have a circumference of 4 1/8" on the left and 4 1/4" on the right. I would have liked to have seen 4 1/4" on both sides but we'll see how these feel. The one on the right was also a little bit short -- I can see some of the white pvc grip underneath -- maybe as much as 3/16".
It would be nice if one could order grips by circumference, but I've looked at a few dozen grips and this dimension usually isn't given.
I put blue Threadlocker on the bar end weight bolts and will give it 24 hours for things to harden.

