Inquiry: Exhaust tone options

Vossero_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Samurider and we bike, we have all spent a ton of time looking and buying parts for our beauties...

Many of us face the same problem (to us); the exhaust volume and tone.

On those sites, all of the exhausts are for the 2013! Us deluxe owners have two, I haven't found a single company who sells dual slip ons.

So other than Moriwaki...and other than full exhaust systems..I'm strictly talking slip ons...what other options do we have to get louder and deeper?

And if not slip ons, what kind of surgery can we do?
 
That's me! I'd be more than happy to check it out in person. From pictures I've seen, it looks like a dual catalyst. I'd be more interested in doing a cool custom job though! I think dual Supertrapps would just be awesome. But that's just me :P

To answer your question more specifically, there isn't a whole lot in the way of slip-ons for the DLX. Maybe someone can chime in on the compatibility of STD full exhaust systems on DLX models. That'd open up a lot more for bolt on solutions.
 
Staintune was interested in developing a system for the DLX but needed someone to ship them an exhaust. If someone plans to store their bike over the winter, I believe Staintune would paid for shipping in both directions. Jerry Finney at Pirate's Lair could assist.
 
Vossero_imp said:
Samurider and we bike, we have all spent a ton of time looking and buying parts for our beauties...

Many of us face the same problem (to us); the exhaust volume and tone.

On those sites, all of the exhausts are for the 2013! Us deluxe owners have two, I haven't found a single company who sells dual slip ons.

So other than Moriwaki...and other than full exhaust systems..I'm strictly talking slip ons...what other options do we have to get louder and deeper?

And if not slip ons, what kind of surgery can we do?

Patience grasshopper, the dlx has only been out for for basically 5 months. Someone will be along shortly with exhausts for this bike. Took a while to get something for the 13s too.
 
Has anyone posted videos/sound bites of their aftermarket exhaust? I love the sound of an (audible) inline four, but after my last few (loud) bikes, I have to say that I also like the hushed tones of the stock exhaust. If I could find something not-too-loud, I might be interested.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Has anyone posted videos/sound bites of their aftermarket exhaust? I love the sound of an (audible) inline four, but after my last few (loud) bikes, I have to say that I also like the hushed tones of the stock exhaust. If I could find something not-too-loud, I might be interested.
Exactly how I am feeling, right now, as I listen to that brand new bike, out in the garage. Sure that appreciation of soft sound will disappear soon enough! Already eyeballing the Staintune. Mostly love how stock looking it is, and it seems more deep sounding than loud.
 
The Arrow is also very stock looking and has a removable db killer. With shipping, its roughly $200 cheaper. I'm gonna be running that with a gutted cat.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Has anyone posted videos/sound bites of their aftermarket exhaust? I love the sound of an (audible) inline four, but after my last few (loud) bikes, I have to say that I also like the hushed tones of the stock exhaust. If I could find something not-too-loud, I might be interested.
The down pipes on the Yoshi are a full inch larger than stock::



Here is a video i recorded for you, don't mind the old guy in the tach::

[url=http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a423/cipolla57/IMG_0807_zpsdc0bba51.mp4]

There is no popping or farting going on with the pair mod. You will get better performance with the larger down pipe & being cat free. For the cost of a slip-on I decided the full system to be a much better value and performance.
Hope this is helpful.
Steve
 
KDiqq, Running in Harris Co. are you going to have trouble getting it inspected with a gutted Cat. Are they tailpipe testing our bikes like they test our cars? Would like to do the same but don't want to resort to extra-legal means to get it passed inspection.
 
Stratman_imp said:
KDiqq, Running in Harris Co. are you going to have trouble getting it inspected with a gutted Cat. Are they tailpipe testing our bikes like they test our cars? Would like to do the same but don't want to resort to extra-legal means to get it passed inspection.
Harris county does not smog any car newer than 96 or any motorcycle. Newer than 96 is OBD scanning only. I've never had cats on any vehicle I've owned, excluding my current daily driver.
 
New Jersey doesn't even have inspection of any kind for motorcycles any longer. The procedure they previously had for 40 years was a joke anyway- Toot the horn. Then ride away about 30 feet and come to a stop.
 
Back
Top